• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Today's Editor Quirk - Extra Blank Lines

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the editor now (and possibly for the past several days) wants to insert extra blank lines.  Not the ones you normally get while typing, but extra ones between typing and when the post shows up in the thread.

When it does it, I have found I can even edit the post and remove the extra blank lines, only to have them reinserted after the post is updated again (or maybe that's just the "sometimes the edit doesn't take" bug rearing its head).

A minor annoyance, to be sure, but just one more little thing wrong, raising the blood pressure incrementally...

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

I come to these Adobe product forums to 1-Learn and 2-Help (when I can) but I will have to say, I could ALMOST believe the people who think Jive was selected by Adobe as a planned way to drive people away, so Adobe would not have to deal with them

If somebody had FORCED Adobe to use Jive, I think Adobe would see it as an act of industrial war!

Oh well... since Jive is the only game in town for Adobe products, I guess I'll just continue to work around all the "quirks" of the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the phantom Line Break has been an undocumented "feature" for some time. There are several threads on it, plus some fixes, in this forum.

If I recall the "fix," it's to add two (?) Line Breaks at the beginning of a Reply, then just Backspace.

I switched to Chrome from IE7, and have yet to have one... uh-oh, probably just jinxed myself with that statement.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I come to these Adobe product forums to 1-Learn and 2-Help (when I can) but I will have to say, I could ALMOST believe the people who think Jive was selected by Adobe as a planned way to drive people away, so Adobe would not have to deal with them

If somebody had FORCED Adobe to use Jive, I think Adobe would see it as an act of industrial war!

Oh well... since Jive is the only game in town for Adobe products, I guess I'll just continue to work around all the "quirks" of the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Jive has certainly been a wild, strange ride for a couple of years.

Hunt

PS - so far, the Line Break Jinx has still not struck my Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is, I've seen the ones that get added while you're typing for years.

What I don't believe I've seen before are ones that get added when submitting.

I've not done anything - save for allow Windows to keep itself up to date.  No new add-ons, no config changes, nothing I can think of that should have affected this since I didn't see these extra lines.

Next one I see that won't let me edit it out, I'll try the add two lines at the beginning and delete them trick.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I missed where these Line Breaks were coming in.

I have not seen any added upon posting.

Something else to keep my eyes out for.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very intermittent.  Haven't seen it happen again since early today, when it had happened several times.

I wonder if changes are constantly going into this forum software...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>wonder if changes are constantly going into this forum software

If there are changes, they don't reflect in the Jive version number at the bottom

Some days, I really have to wonder if Jive is the worst forum software ever... other days, I don't wonder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another observation:  Not only is there an extra blank line when this happens, but the two blank looking lines together are both composed of a newline and a single space.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even more supporting information...

Now paragraphs are losing their formatting, seemingly coincident with blank line additions.

Note the oddball formatting in this message:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3646798#3646798

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines