Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

too late to re-activate adobe ...so it closed

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Have I done a catastrophic mistake by being too late to re-activate my Adobe creative suite?

I have had computer problems. When I in the end bought a new computer and tried to install Adobe, the re-activation time had run out.

I did have a possibility to re-activate it off course, but didnt do it immidiately, since I was about to re-install everything in the new computer, and then problems arouse that delayed everything ...and then suddenly it was to late.

I will contact support by phone tomorrow. But if someone can ease my pain, by hinting that it is possible to re-activate it, I will get some sleep tonight...

cheers/Johan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to search the forum... I am not 100% sure, but I think there is a number just for activation problems, with answering and answers better than calling the general support number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

I think there is a number just for activation problems, with answering and answers better than calling the general support number

The numbers are given on this page:

http://www.adobe.com/activation/phonenumbers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happen to come across a live-chat-support person who said he could prolong the "count". I will try tomorrow to reinstall, since its too late now, but it seems very promising though!

Thanks for you help! /Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With other users and in the past, Adobe has been great at helping users, who have gone over the allocated numbers. Glad that you got an understanding rep. here. That is the way that it should be.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I've read recently that adobe was going to stop the limitation on activations. They would help a Lot of Folks That replace Computers, hard drives Fry or such if they did so. Or if that can not be done to at least increase the amount to 50 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I recall some discussion on that as well. Do not know if folk were just speculating, or if they were sharing knowledge.

Who knows?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read it on a cNet/Zdnet item. But as you say maybe it was just proposal.

By the way, your Picture makes you look more Professional. The wine glasses would tend to make people think you were a wineo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phillip,

I AM a wino! I mean hey, look at that glass. It was NOT a Riedel Sommelier Burg glass. Only a true wino would use such a glass. Seems that my review of that restaurant was very critical of their stemware. Food good, wine list well-suited for the menu at a fair "resort price," but the stemware needed a real upgrade. I write that a lot though.

Personally, I would like to see the max. installs increased, as there are many good reasons for people needing to do more than the 5-10 (?) allowed. Not that long ago, a PS user was complaining in the forum, that he could not uninstall his copy of PS every night, when he left the office, so that the cleaning crew could not use it. He wanted unlimited installs. That was a really odd idea, but then I do not know his cleaning crew... Now, Activation does not rub me the wrong way, like it does many. Maybe it is because that I have never had an issue with it. Had I, my opinion might be different.

Adobe, however, knows what they are doing. They write the software, and make the rules. I just buy their software to make my living, and play by their rules. I know that that statement does not belie my "Libertarian" nature, but then I've been a loyal buyer/user for over two decades.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines