• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many emails!! Help!

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked a question a few days ago, recieved an answer which helped solve my problem, I thanked the person, clicked on helpful... etc. But now I'm receiving emails all the time on subjects I haven't explored, opened, or responded to. I've gone into mail notifications and have turned everything on the list off, I've gone through my profile and I have no email notifications set. I've searched on this problem and have followed through all the 'solutions'... and all this has been done more than once. Today alone I've received 27 more emails from 'photoshop elements'.

What am I missing? Why is this so hard?

I'm regretting I even visited this forum. No way and I going to again chance this flood of emails concerning topics I'm not really interested in. There must be a better way to get help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

You're correct, the system thinks you're not signed up for any email notifications:

no_notifications.jpg

Another user reported a similar problem a few days ago. The culprit was that he had signed into the forums using two email addresses, and it was the second account that was receiving notifications.

Could that be the case here? If so, please provide your second email address and I'll remove notifications from that address.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you may have inadvertantly checked "Recieve email notifications" in the right-hand sidebar of the Photoshop Elements forum. THat's distinct from the individual per-thread notifications. Try going back to the Elements forum and look for Actions > Stop email notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can force you to continue participating in these forums, but it's a pity that you were so mad that you didn't notice the last item in this section of the gray bar at right:

Last.JPG

It takes here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I'm not mad, or angry, just very frustrated at this point.

And I've seen that section of the gray bar. I've followed through with several of the 'recommendations' found in past discussions on the topic. I've been to ..../416458.

I've tried to work this through very carefully.

I'm still getting emails from forums I have not visited.

I'll make the 'rounds' again.

I'm not aware of checking "receive email notifications" for ANY discussion other than the one I started.

This forum looks valuable, but not if it means so many emails I can't turn off easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E,

I believe the most comprehensive instructions are these, made by Bill:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/503132

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll investigate and get back to you later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now...

'email notifications'... none

profile... notifications ... none

manage email notifications ... none

edit preferences... all marked 'no'

and I'm still getting notifications of discussions I haven't even visited.

???

Oh... just for interest... I was able to change region to U.S., but when I try to change my time zone I keep getting an unspecified error message ("see below" when nothing seems to be below explaining why I can't be in the eastern time zone)... but this isn't my problem, just a note of interest to insure full disclosure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this is governed by the settings in the right-hand bar of the

Elements forum discussions tab. Not the inividual per-thread choices

nor the items in your profile. Please try where I suggested.

It is expected that the settings you enumerated are pertinent to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm just not finding where you are mentioning.

"Adobe General Forums" ... under 'action' ... "receive email notifications"

(which indicates I DON'T receive notifications?)

"Forum Comments" ... under 'action' ... "receive email notifications"

(same as above?)

If I click in "receive email notifications" I will be actually opting into receiving email notifications. So now I shouldn't be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm just not finding where you are mentioning.

"Adobe General Forums" ... under 'action' ... "receive email notifications"

(which indicates I DON'T receive notifications?)

Not General Forums. The Photoshop Elements forum that you referenced: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

It should look like this:

Screen shot 2012-07-15 at 1.42.13 PM copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct, the system thinks you're not signed up for any email notifications:

no_notifications.jpg

Another user reported a similar problem a few days ago. The culprit was that he had signed into the forums using two email addresses, and it was the second account that was receiving notifications.

Could that be the case here? If so, please provide your second email address and I'll remove notifications from that address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!

I had changed from my work address to my personal address... but not before shooting myself in the foot (so to speak!) and apparently checking 'receive notifications' -- I have no idea why, but now it's all undone.

Now I can enjoy this forum!

Many, many thanks for your patience and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines