• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top participants

Advocate ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... in the testing forum? Really? Me, Phos and DK at the top, Mark at 9, Jochem nowhere? Codswallop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

...  Codswallop.

Where did he come?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What they fail to explain is that it's literally the top participants, as in the most northern.  They were looking to create a widget to match the usefulness of the "more like this" widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Top Participants"

Just another 'feature' that I doubt anyone wanted.

And then there's that entire, useless right hand column...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's clearly the list of those who have "drivers" or "prefs" show up the most in their posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose most people in the testing forum reply by email, so they don't count for the leader board. All very silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2009 Jun 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

I suppose most people in the testing forum reply by email, so they don't count for the leader board. All very silly.

And even sillier because what is shown in the box is not even self consistent:

Sin título-2.jpg

(not to mention that the "Top Participants" list includes not only "participants", but also mere "users").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess on this one:

The blobs in the rollover relate directly to your points.

The other blobs relate to your participation in that given forum.

So...I guess the blobs under your name in the avatar to the left in a reply would be points-only?

Could it be a method to determine whether one's points relate to a given forum? I know that in the forum where I got most of my points and where I post most often, both show 2 red blobs. In forums where I post only rarely, if I am shown in the Top Participants, I have the same results as your screen cap.

Probably a formula that makes as much sense as the "Most Popular" formula.  Well, hopefully more sense if my attempt at using that forumula was accurate in http://forums.adobe.com/message/1958345#1958345 and its followup message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines