• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Traffic Numbers...

Advocate ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if there is a way to track how many users have visited these forums per given day.

I remember being able to view a page, go back 10 minutes later and there was a whole page full of new posts. Now I bet I see 10 new posts per day in each forum I visit (and that number is actually quite high).

Just curious as to how the now numbers compare to the then numbers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard the claim that supposedly the numbers are relatively the same.

I don't believe that's true, without proof (that will never be provided), but IIRC we were told that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious as to how the now numbers compare to the then numbers

I only have records of Indesign posts. Because the Win and Mac forums were combined at the changeover to Jive, I can't make any comparison. Just for interest's sake, though, there were 1434 posts in Indesign Win in September 2008. In September 2009, there were 3968 posts in the combined Indesign forum. That's more than 130 a day.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to count when so many are running out the door so fast the door doesn't slam them on the butt on the way out. Maybe I exaggerated a bit about the door slamming part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is dwindling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequent ID, AI, PS, Acrobat, Design Forums and occasionally a few others (both platforms).

From what I see it looks as though the post count is probably down at least 50% of what it used to be. Heck people aren't even posting much in the lounge anymore either.

Most posts I see are from total newbies wanting help with color management, installation, or just trying to start from day one wanting to accomplish a mozart piece with the click of a button. Other than that, it's pretty much the same 10 people that are on here 24/7....and that is why things are probably getting off topic much more and moderators getting upset. I mean seriously, nothing new is being brought to the table, all questions being posted are pretty much beginner stuff that has already been posted in the FAQ section. I can't wait till CS5 is out, then traffic will pick up with everyone posting that they are having installation problems while trying to install on Windows ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the Acrobat forums have about the same amount of traffic as before (although it DID slow down for a while just after the changeover).

But a few of the real experts there have dissapeared. Aandi Inston for one is very much missed around there. At least he can still be found at planetpdf.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Windows seems to be fairly busy, but the Mac side doesn't have much traffic now either. Indesign seems to have picked up a bit in the last few days but I doubt it will last too long.

Since Adobe has no customer service one would think that the traffic here would be picking up, but I guess people get tired of waiting for the forums to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

Acrobat Windows seems to be fairly busy, but the Mac side doesn't have much traffic now either.

In my experience, it's pretty much always been that way. You can not visit the Mac side for days and come back to only 20 new posts or so (if that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of that is caused by people aske question . No one answers and they end up giving up or fixing their own problems.  I know aI've sked a couple of questions myself one recently, and although I go a response  I had went through everything, suggested I ended up fixing the problem myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what the deuce?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the Acrobat forums have about the same amount of traffic as before (although it DID slow down for a while just after the changeover).

But a few of the real experts there have dissapeared. Aandi Inston for one is very much missed around there. At least he can still be found at planetpdf.com.

I was kind of wondering about the Acrobat forum, as it was the one I used to help out in back in the days when the software I was using was relatively current. I noticed that Aandi was gone too; a real loss for Adobe, as he was one of the most prolific, helpful and consistently even-tempered folks there. He seems to have vanished before the changeover, however (his last post was in 2008, I seem to recall).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do recall that not very long after the implementation of these new forums, there were several questions about missing veterans, and I and others asked about Aandi. Somebody, I don't remember who, confirmed that he had left shortly before the debacle. So I would say he is the only very valuable contributor that we lost in that period who didn't leave because the changes.

And the loss was for us, not for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

Just curious if there is a way to track how many users have visited these forums per given day.

Sure. Download a list of users and check their last login date. Although it is probably a better metric to check for the number of posted messages. For that, use the ForumService.getMessageCountByCommunityAndFilter() method. You can even compare to last year since the data migrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah that doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download a list of users and check their last login date

And check that List against the names of the leading authors of your favourite books on the use of Adobe software.

They all used to post in these Forums quite regularly. How many do you now find in that "List of Users"?

[ They haven't all just died and gone to heaven because I have seen postings from some of them on other (non-Adobe-owned) Forums.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines