• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translator

LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the translator really work for some? I chose English.

7-24-2014 4-32-20 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Because a single word ("payment") is already in English, the translator refuses to do any further work.  It's ridiculous, but that's the way it is.

Most of the time I have to copy/paste to Google Translate to get anything out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the time it works but the message you got is completely new to me.  Can you post a link where you got this so that we can try on our machine - Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because a single word ("payment") is already in English, the translator refuses to do any further work.  It's ridiculous, but that's the way it is.

Most of the time I have to copy/paste to Google Translate to get anything out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a certified professional interpreter and translator in more languages than most folks are willing to believe, I can tell you that the Microsoft machine translator used by these god-forsaken forums is unmitigated, useless cr@p.

Google Translate is far from being perfect, but it is hundreds of orders of magnitude better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Station, it is true that the translator used in these forums is by no means one of the best, but it is useful for me. Although its translations are many times difficult to understand, they serve at least the purpose of making me get the gist of the problem, saving me the time of copying and pasting in Google. The worst part is, I think, that as Pat says, if it finds even a single word in the target language amongst the first (I don't know, 10?) words of the title or the text (which nowadays often are the same, but this a different problem), then it refuses to do any translation.

You are fortunate to master several languages, but most of us are much less gifted, and for us, the translator is a help. Except when it refuses to do its job for a stupid reason, as in the case in discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I do use machine translations for texts in languages I don't understand at all, say Chinese, Japanase, Korean or Greek—and I end up either laughing my head off or scratching my head.  Check out this very recent thread in the ADobe Bridge forum:

OS10.9.3でBridgeがCS3、CS4、CS6、CCで起動できない:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And today...

tran.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

And today...

tran.png

Maybe it was revamped/improved/replaced? In any case, I have just used it to translate the message in Station's link, and I couldn't make head or tails out of the result. Not that I spent too much time trying to understand it, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, it's also unavailable right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

7-24-2014 4-32-20 PM.jpg

The post says:

"I have paid but I have not received the confirmation email, and I cannot use the application."

No need for machine translation for Italian, Spanish, German, Dutch, Russian, French, Italian, Portuguese or English texts here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheesh. Now I don't remember what forum it was in.

Thanks for the translation station. Now I know who the go-to person is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was convinced that you covered Japanese as well, station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, not Japanese.  Actually, no Asian languages at all, just a smattering of Mandarin Chinese words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines