• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trashed Profile - need help

Advocate ,
Mar 19, 2011 Mar 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On March 16  the forum software trashed my Photoshop Windows forum  profile.  Attempts to restablish my profile & history were unsuccessful following the process spelled out in the FAQ.

In my case the account name stayed the same "Paulo Skylar" , no suffixes were added, but I have no history, no avatar, no photo,.....

ADMINS :  I need someone to restablish my account on the above mentioned forum.

Thanks,

Paulo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have missed the biggest story of the week but Adobe was attacked by some 6,000 spam messages which adobe is still trying to clear. This may have thrashed your profile.  The full story is here:

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/3556022#3556022>

Hope you can still keep faith in Adobe able to protect your credentials.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The split personality syndrome has been with us for months/years before the spam attack and, as far as I know/guess, it has no relationship whatsoever with it.

Paulo, be patient. The person who normally fixes such problems keeps what little hair he has left by religiously respecting his weekends. I can bet he will fix yours on Monday morning...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio

Yes, patience is a virtue. And those of us who are similarly challenged in the hair department have deleloped great patience while waiting for those little guys to start growing again. I trust that the account restoration happens more quickly.

Paulo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2011 Mar 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paulo Skylar wrote on 11/03/19 17:08:

In my case the account name stayed the same "Paulo Skylar" , no suffixes were added, but I have no history, no avatar, no photo,.....

So you are saying http://forums.adobe.com/people/Paulo%20Skylar-qwWeXC

is not your account? Then to which account do you want to be reconnected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2011 Mar 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The account to which I want to be reconnected is the one I've been using since the forum software was changed which was  roughly March 2009.

The name on that account was :  Paulo Skylar

Currently, there is an account with that name, created on March 16, 2011. It does not have my profile, nor history - my account has been wiped clean.

The acount Paulo Skylar -qWweXC     is something fictious created by the forum software.  I do not want that id.  That account has my photo , but the rest of it is totally messed up.

In summary:

I want my account that was active during the last two years up to March 16, 2011 - The account name is Paulo Skylar

I also want my entire personal profile associated with it.

I want my posting history associated with it as well as my past private messages.

I want the correct start date associated with it.

Attempts to remedy this via the suggested log out/in sequence has been unsuccessful.

Paulo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like progress, but still not sure.

Now when I log on I do get my normal id and it is associated with my avatar & photo and I have my PMs and e-mail notifications, though no notifications newer than 2weeks ago. So that's looking pretty good.

On the other hand, two of my recent posts  that I checked on have me listed as a new ghost, Paulo Skylar -4VOYqm.  The old ghost seems to have  disappeared.

I will do some more checking and see if I find other problems.

Thanks,

Paulo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds correct. You posted messages under the "ghost" account, and those messages stay with that new account. But you should have all your history of things created with the original account back now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

That sounds correct. You posted messages under the "ghost" account, and those messages stay with that new account. But you should have all your history of things created with the original account back now.

Isn't there a way to block any postings under a "ghost" account?  Clearly this might be the cause of all the problems we have seen last week.  Spammers could take advantage of this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "ghosts" have

been with us for quite a long time. Here is an example:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/702774?tstart=240

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

The "ghosts" have

So are you saying that nothing can be done about this and that Adobe is completely useless when it comes to correcting simple technical glitches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not in control of the forum software. The software is supported by Jive. The best Adobe can do is file a support case.

In the case of the duplicate accounts, noone has figured out the cause yet...

Of course, we'd like to see a forum upgrade to a more current version of Jive's software, but the ones making that decision are not the ones who have to deal with keeping the forum running...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

Adobe is not in control of the forum software. The software is supported by Jive. The best Adobe can do is file a support case.

Of course, we'd like to see a forum upgrade to a more current version of Jive's software, but the ones making that decision are not the ones who have to deal with keeping the forum running...

Harbs

They should be. And If Jive can do no better they need to be fired and get something else.

I wouldn't recommend the people at Jive to build Dog houses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

Harbs

How many support cases do you need to file to rectify the flaw in the software?  Surely, as a buyer you should be in command and demand that it is rectified immediately or else move the business some where else.

If the guys at Jive aren't able to fix this then clearly Adobe should consider something else.  These forums are the tools of the trade as far as Adobe is concerned and they should be secure and reliable almost all the time. A simple remote DoS attack or 6,000 spam messages should not bring down the entire system.  It is a bad program if Jive is responsible for this exploit but I strongly believe that it is Adobe who is at fault because they may not have configured the software correctly.  It is all about configuration problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

The "ghosts" have

So are you saying that nothing can be done about this and that Adobe is completely useless when it comes to correcting simple technical glitches?

What I was saying is that the "ghosts" were not triggered by the recent spam attack, but have been with us for a very long time.

And of course I agree with what Harbs says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

What I was saying is that the "ghosts" were not triggered by the recent spam attack, but have been with us for a very long time.

How can you be so sure?  It is quite possible that spammers found out about this flaw only recently and so they exploted it to render Adobe site completely useless.  It be that it is this flaw that is making the site completely unsecure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

How can you be so sure?  It is quite possible that spammers found out about this flaw only recently and so they exploted it to render Adobe site completely useless.  It be that it is this flaw that is making the site completely unsecure.

How can I be so sure that the "ghosts" were not triggered by the recent spam attack but have been with us for a very long time? Because of the very large number of reports of such ghosts for a very long time before the spam attack. I gave a link to one report of seven months ago as an example (the spam attack was only days ago), but this is by no means the only posted report, even less the first one. You can check for yourself if you think I am wrong.

I fail to understand your apparent insistence in trying to blame problems of the site that have been here for quite long, on the recent spam attack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio González wrote:

I fail to understand your apparent insistence in trying to blame problems of the site that have been here for quite long, on the recent spam attack.

The reason for being so insistent is because these spammers have attacked many sites recently.  for example look at this link:

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12840941>

It is also very likely that they knew that adobe forums are dodgy and what better way to get a thrill than to attack it and bring it down!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines