• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uh-oh - Forum Is Offline More Than On

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2010 Mar 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, March 10, 2010, the Adobe fora are offline, more than online. In the past, this has signaled something being done - updates, etc. Usually after these, log-ins are smurfed, screen names are changed, line-breaks appear without direction or warning, things do not work right any more.

Maybe they are just reinstating the Attach File capability, but now I look to this as a bad sign - as John Fogerty crooned, Bad Moon Rising.

Will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. I will be interested to see what has changed.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just run into that myself within just the last few minute.

Hopefully they will be updating to latest 4.x version and all bugs will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Today, March 10, 2010, the Adobe fora are offline, more than online.

Um, Bill ... today is March 6.  You related to Nostradamus? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe its the 10th in his time zone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2010 Mar 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh! Not sure what was happening there, must have been the multiple attempts to get the fora to function...

I was worried that my computer had jumped a few days, but I think that it was just my stupidity, as it is March 07, as I type.

Sorry about that faux pas, and thanks for the correction.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... it's this time-continuum thingy that these forums – after the Jive takeover – are now famous for... if i remember there have been some posts / threads on the subject...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 10 2010 is the date Bill Hunt reverts back to The Wine S

nob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm! Wonder if he is related to the Hunt's Ketchup(or Catsup) fame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I will be watching my calender - but if that happens, I will become very afraid.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Bill, I enjoyed a bit of a chuckle at your expense.    It's not like I haven't done the same thing before ...    I have had some WHOPPER typos on the Adobe forums in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So have i.

I don't think there are any that haven't made a mistake now and then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper,

You are most welcome. My old skin is pretty thick, and while typos, and mistakes do hurt, I still poke a lot of fun at them myself. If I could not laugh at myself, I'd end up crying...

Wish I had a good excuse for that, but it was just a major faux pas. As some, who are trying to put problems into a time frame, might get horribly confused, I appreciate your pointing it out to me. Now, if I just had an "egg on the face" smiley!

As for "whoppers," not that long ago, I told a poster that Adobe had a 90-day, money-back guarantee for PrPro. Luckily, Jim Simon caught that, and made the correction. Heck, even on my laptop, the 3 key and the 9 key are not even remotely close. Just a major DUH! moment. As I age, they become more frequent unfortunately, at least I still have part of my mind... what were we talking about?

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>at least I still have part of my mind

I don't need to worry about having my mind... my wife gives me a piece of hers every time I do something wrong... wrong being defined as not the way SHE would do something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note - the date should have been March 06, as has been kindly pointed out by many astute readers.

Mea culpa, mea culpa,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us not be too hasty. Three days to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

Since my post, I have had maybe two days (if you do not use MY calender) of this, but now, things seem sorted out, plus I have not been logged-out/logged-in as someone else (knocking on wood), so maybe things were fixed?

Here's hoping (or "hopping" in deference to those who caught my mistake... )

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

The OP may still stand. We shall see tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were no updates over the weekend.

When you see the site as unavailable, are you getting redirected to an Adobe "Site Temporarily Offline" error page? Seeing a spinning cursor and nothing on screen? Or getting a 404 or other similar error in your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mozilla Products either Throber(SeaMonkey) or the activity indicator (spinning sprocket nearest description I call it a winder FireFox, Camino) Just keeps going going and going until a time out. In iCab, opera, OmniWeb, Safari; just times out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the important question is when is the contract with jive up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

50 year minimum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I wonder the same thing too. However, I'm not sure that I am ready for any forum redo. I still have scars from the pre-Jive attempt.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there is nothing strange going on today, after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who knew? Obviously, I did not...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

t

hat's

s

trang

e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines