• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to log in using Firefox, claims cookies disabled; they are not

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent hours painstakingly going through all the Mozilla troubleshooting steps, deleting cookies, disabling plug-ins, disabling all my security software, trying in safe mode, so forth and so on.  No matter what I try, this forum refuses to let me log in using Firefox.  Before I can type in my log in info it switches to a page claiming I have cookies disabled.  Believe you me, I patently do NOT have them disabled, and this is the only forum in years of forum-crawling that has ever given me so much trouble.

What gives, Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

I'll bet I know what might be happening.

Rather than ditching all cookies—throwing the baby out with the bathwater—try this:

Go to Firefox--->Preferences--->Privacy...

You probably have the boxes checked for

• Accept cookies from sites
  • Accept 3rd party cookies

Right?

Now, click on the "Exceptions..." button and open up the window that will show you sites from which you may be blocking cookies.

Look carefully through that list—from top to bottom—for anything and everything in the "Site" column that has "ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm logged in with Firefox 3.0.8 Mac with no trouble at all.  Are you behind some mighty network firewall or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Just a basic home wireless router set-up.  As can be seen by my being logged in to post these, I can get in with IE7.  I have been through page after page of troubleshooting steps from Mozilla, and there is nothing listed there that's left for me to try.  If anyone has some clever things to try that haven't already been done to death I'm listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't the only problem I'm having with this site.  I just opened up a couple of trouble tickets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can log in fine with Macs and Windows computers with Firefox 3.08.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox on WinXP... no problems... in fact, i can even shut down the browser and restart and am logged in... Only need to log in every morning... (shut down at night).

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use SeaMonkey and it show Adobe/Jive cookie good until April 18, 2008  which means its supposed to keep me signed in for 6 days from now.  But it won't I will either have sign in again sometime today or or tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spinland wrote:

No matter what I try, this forum refuses to let me log in using Firefox.

Which version of FF? I seem to recall during the preview phase, that some were having trouble with FF 2.x. I've been using FF 3.x the entire time and have no troubles logging in - even with JavaScript turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll bet I know what might be happening.

Rather than ditching all cookies—throwing the baby out with the bathwater—try this:

Go to Firefox--->Preferences--->Privacy...

You probably have the boxes checked for

• Accept cookies from sites
  • Accept 3rd party cookies

Right?

Now, click on the "Exceptions..." button and open up the window that will show you sites from which you may be blocking cookies.

Look carefully through that list—from top to bottom—for anything and everything in the "Site" column that has "adobe" in the name.

Highlight any that you find and click on the "Remove Site" button. That will allow you to again accept cookies from there.

You MAY need to properly quit, then relaunch Firefox for it to take effect. Can't hurt to do that anyway while you're troubleshooting.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo.  I had checked to make sure adobe.com was not on the blocked exception list, and I even added adobe.com to the explicit allow list.  I missed spotting the fact that www.adobe.com was on the block list.

All fixed now, and thank you for talking me into checking that list again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

General update:

Shut down last night, started system this morning. Opened FF and typed in adobeforums.com. Was automatically logged in.

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines