• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to post [was 'Test']

Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could post due to m5 error.. testing with simple message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I can't post any longer than a few characters or I get a Please try again later m5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error m5 means that there's a word or phrase in the message which is blocked by our anti-spam filters.

It won't tell you which word of course, as that would make it easy for spammers to circumvent the filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A CODEC name perhaps? I've a question about rendering time with different footage types, but there's no spam in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried pasting it to this thread and got:

Your content could not be saved due to an error. You may have been logged out. If this problem persists please contact your system administrator. Click here to refresh this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I could try pasting it one word per message to see which CODEC name it considers spam?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste the entire thing and remove sections bit by bit. It'll just keep rejecting you until the word(s) in question are removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed something really curious (and a bit unexpected) with regard to the render out to DVD MPEG2 of various timeline formats.

I did some benchmarks and found that long longGOP MPEG source footage renders out four times faster than  PR 422 footage.

My sources are XDC  and Samurai.

Set up two identical 23.976fps 1080P timelines. Put 2 minutes of XDC  on one, and 2 minutes of PR 422 on the other. Add a adjustment layer to both and add the following effects: Fast color corrector, Sharpen, Timecode.

Render to MPEG2 (DVD settings, 720x480, 2 pass, highest quality, 10-bit intra).

The XDC  timeline renders in 1 minute. The PR 422 takes 4 minutes.

Looking at GPU load while this is happening, I see that the XDC timeline is using over 90% GPU, while the PR 422 timeline is using only 23% GPU. Obviously, this probably accounts for the 4:1 speed difference in rendering these two timelines, but I'd like to know why this is, and if there is anything I can do to boost the performance and utilize the GPU better when rendering PR 422 footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any TGs have an idea as to why input formats have such a drastic effect on output render times? I would have expected a simple format like PR to render quicker than a complex long GOP format like MPEG. Something else must be a factor. But what could that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'll be the word starts with a T or a G and refers to technician or one who is an expert (starts with G and ends with U).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's absolutely nuts that I have to troubleshoot the forum posts for such inocuous words commonly found in technical discussions. The forum system should be there to HELP not to frustrate the members.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark Weiss wrote:

...refers to technician or one who is an expert (starts with G and ends with U).

For about a year we have been flooded with spam posts from India (hundreds every day!) offering "spiritual" services, rendering these forums unusable.  There was no other way of stopping these floods than by blocking certain words.  Sorry you fell into that trap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geeze... so the spammers used that G word (the one that refers to someone who's a master of something) and that was preventing me from posting all night last night.

Why not just block the whole IP block of the offending country? That's what I did when I was having problems. No spam anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark Weiss wrote:

Why not just block the whole IP block of the offending country?

The problem with that is that most of Adobe's Support operation is located there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<drum roll> "Aeeee!" Talk about 'hoisted by one's own petards!'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just block the whole IP block of the offending country? That's what I did when I was having problems. No spam anymore.

These days most spam is sent from distributed networks that span several countries. Given the site is part of Adobe's official customer support platform, it's both technically and politically impossible to subnet out an entire continent.

The world filters are kept under review and only used as a last resort, but as Pat says given the amount of spam using that particular word that's been flung at the site in the past 6 months, it's something we're stuck with for a while yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing. But I wish there were some way for legit users to avoid this easy trap. Lots of experts in graphics are referred to by that 'g-word'. Blocking proper nouns like the names of certain MLMs makes sense, but words that are almost generic, well, a lot of people can inadvertently use them and not understand why the post is stuck in limbo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MarkWeiss wrote:

Because you can't afford to lose potential clients/customers from a country with 1.5 billion people.  Business always comes first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines