I am unable to post in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/848980?tstart=0

Every time I try, I get the error:

x unable to post message

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2011 May 08, 2011

Hi Jacob. I have just posted a test message there...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2011 May 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob. I have just posted a test message there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Claudio.

I managed to post a simple test, and then edit it to the original contents I was unable to post.

Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that! Fighting the spam. Blocking certain words. Still working on the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you have me puzzled, John, over which word(s) in the post could be on any such list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking at some other messages that were blocked, it looks like a bug. A couple of messages were blocked that didn't have any words or phrases on the spam list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.

Thank you, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

One of the "forbidden" words caught me the other day. It was a real head-scratcher, but Adobe-Admin saw what was happening, and informed me of the issue - made me feel much better. I was about to post about the same thing, as you did.

Sorry to hear that there might also be a Bug afoot too though.

Hope that things get sorted out soon, or I might wear out my thesauras, replacing those "forbidden" words...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to ask you which word, but then I came to think of the answer to the clever fellow in BC when he sends a tablet afloat to the other side asking what they do about the lack of ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it was S_T_R_E_A_M_I_N_G, as in media. Considering the purpose of a lot of spam, I can see where that word could well be a red flag. However, in a video editing program product forum, it's a common word, especially when pointing out the purpose of various CODEC's, like DivX, and those used in WMV format files. Never thought about it, when I wrote the reply, but blocking on such words makes sense, when trying to fight spam. Also, that word would likely not come up in legit use, in all but the Premiere, and AfterEffects product forums. Oh, maybe also PS-Extended & Flash discussions too.

Hope that the ink supply holds out...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Streaming!

There! I said it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame on YOU!!!!

That lost me posting privledges for a reply with several attempts. Guess that Adobe-Admin has purged that from the "banned speach list?"

Hunt

PS - I knew that the George Carlin skit, "word that you cannot say on TV," would follow us to the Internet, but at least Carlin had a list. We are taking shots in the dark...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Shame on YOU!!!!

Sorry. I was feeling a little crazy that day. I don't know what came over me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that sounds like a good excuse...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember a time where bucket, as in Paint Bucket Tool, was getting caught in the nanny filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Argh, the ghost of the wine snob is (still) haunting us. I believe some are best left to wander as they please, or they may conjure up worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Funny. I hadn't even noticed that when I posted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines