• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to unsubscribe from the Adobe Benelux marketing email

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to unsubscribe a couple of times now and I keep receiving it.

The regarding mail is from: Adobe Benelux, demand@adobesystemsinc.com.

It's also rather bad that I am unable to normally contact a support person to check this out, hence why I am writing it here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is only to discuss how the forums operate, not products or sales

Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

If you go to the Forums Index http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

You will be able to select a forum for the Adobe product(s) you use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The contact information page does not have general or website support contact options and so far I haven't found a forum for the adobe website where I can post.

So if you are redirecting me to a different forum/website, where is the correct place to report a bug about the adobe website ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, I will defo try the Twitter approach. I've tried the footer link a couple of times but no luck with that, just like the person complaining in the Tweet .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, don't tie your Twitter account messages into something of this nature.

I just made a similar post in this forum.  Adobe is like an incessant nag who constantly disregards your requests to be left alone.  I think they engage in poor business practices where actions as simple as "visiting our website", "logging into our forums" or "downloading a product" re-constitutes acceptance to be harassed by solicitations all over again.

Some person who could BARELY speak English called me after I downloaded a mandatory CF Update, trying to sell me stuff.  She was VERY lucky (and I was VERY aggravated) that I was called at work, as it kept me from running her through the ringer and berating her for the disrespect of that act.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, good point. Maybe it's best to just block the e-mail address and be done with it.

It's insane that you can't unsubscribe normally, especially since it's Adobe.

Then there's also the problem of getting normal support for things like this.

I was really very aggravated this afternoon after getting another marketing e-mail, hence this thread (in probably the wrong forum though).

Atleast it is getting some attention...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, repeated solicitation like this, especially because it's automated, should be an open and shut case in small claims court.

You should be able to document the spam, document the request to remove from that list on a global scale, and the spammer should be given X time to comply.  From that point forward, each additional piece of spam should be able to be documented, taken to court, and a fine should be issued to the spammer to pay in full.  I think the max amount to be fined is $1500USD, you know, the cost for 3 months of Creative Cloud... heh heh heh.

But in all seriousness, there should be consumer protection where the solicitation of any email should require explicit permission, none of this implicit assumption that is done behind your back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aegis Kleais wrote:

Yeah, don't tie your Twitter account messages into something of this nature.

apart from that, most people don't visit twitter at all, me included.  I don't have a twitter, facebook or LinkedIN account and so opting out of anything through twitter or facebook, linkedIn etc is a non-starter for most people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have a twitter account then the best way to unsubscribe from all sorts of Adobe MArketting materials is by looging in to your adobe account from:

1) http://www.adobe.com

2) then select the preferences link so that you get this:

2013-10-07_2222.png

2013-10-07_2216.png

2013-10-07_2216_001.png

2013-10-07_2217.png

Update button is bosed above to highlight your attention that don't forgrt to press it.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I already disabled everything and I'm still receiving e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobmeininger wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I already disabled everything and I'm still receiving e-mail.

Perhaps these were sent before you unsubscribed from them.  Adobe and other corporations prepare emails about 7 days in advance and send them out in small batches to make sure it doesn't create traffic jam on the mail servers.  You need to allow at at least 7 to 10 days for changes to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobmeininger, I will send your email address to our unsubscribe team ASAP.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines