• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update your status?

Explorer ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is updating my status. When I clicked on "Update your status" on my profile page it took me to a stream page with no place to update anything other than start a discussion. Seems rather stupid but I'll play.

My current status is... annoyed with the new forum.

Why are support forums trying to be like facebook? We don't need multiple photos of ourselves, bios, or status updates that don't update anything. We are not here to make friends or find a date. We just need a place to ask and answer questions. No one gives a crap about this other stuff or they would have asked their questions on facebook and then browsed Aunt Mildreds photos of fluffy.

Either this function is broken or it's completely useless. If it's been disabled by the Adobe admin who brilliantly chose this crap for a support forum, then jive should remove the useless links/features from the profiles.

I've never heard of the jive forum until today, and I have to admit they picked the right name. My first impressions is it is jive and real turkey.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Update your status' is a dead link; ignore it. Status updates refer to a part of SBS7 which Adobe have disabled, but it's proving difficult to get rid of all mentions of these disabled features from the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I presume the same applies to the strange message that you are 1 point from reaching a new level or something, appearing in a context I cannot remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just a bug , it should work but it's not calculating properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

You say it should work, but which levels are there, apart from up to four gravestones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only 5 levels in the 'gamification' system, from 0 to 4. It could have more, but there's no point - it's not like you can trade them in for cookies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave.

I just wondered whether there were new strangenesses coming up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's a given! Although the new system 500 times better than the old system. I'll award 450 times just stopping having sign in every 5 minutes.  Now it's like it was before once your signed in , your in for a year or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil, whatever you're wearing in your avatar picture makes it look like you're wearing a county jail orange suit.  Hope you're not locked up! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually no it’s an Orange Pull-over Polo shirt. It's actually the best avatar Picture I have has the Best lighting. I'd like to take a Selfie having someone to compose the picture. But the only person  in the house beside me, is my 89 year old mother, And the last Camera she used was Kodak Brownie 616. Made around 1935 (we still have it). The film hasn’t been available in 20 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave. I should have known. Guess I should just wait awhile for them to get things working right before wasting my time trying to figure out how to use new features that aren't supposed to even be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines