• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

use.typekit.com, p.typekit.net

LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that now the forum software loads a number of things from the domains I named in the subject. 

TypekitStuff.jpg

The URLs are funky to say the least, and some of the things the forum software is trying to load appear to be executables (application/octet-stream).

I don't allow executables to run from sites I haven't explicitly added to my Trusted Sites list, and frankly I don't know typekit.com from Adam.  They have Adobe's logo on their site, but...  ???

I assume this is Adobe software, but I'm hesitant to trust a domain I've not heard of before now, especially one that purports to fool with my fonts using executables.

I'm not saying I can't see the forum without allowing Typekit to run - frankly it looks reasonable save for words in italics running into the following words.

While I'm at it, what is adobetag.com?  Some Javascript is being brought in from there as well.

It's kind of ridiculous how many different sites/domains a single forum page accesses.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

typekit is a network font service -- it is most likely downloading fonts (which would also be octet-stream).

Yes, Adobe bought typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation, though it seems a bit odd to see both typekit.com and typekit.net URLs.  But I can imagine history that led to that.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

typekit is a network font service -- it is most likely downloading fonts (which would also be octet-stream).

Yes, Adobe bought typekit.

But, do we really need even more fonts? At the type sizes used for most things worth reading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never, ever ask that of a designer.   🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines