• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

use.typekit.com

LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is the second time that, when coming into these forums after the nightly shutdown of my computer, I am left wating for more that 30 seconds for something called use.typekit.com. Anyone knows what we are supossed to  gain by this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Today is the second time that, when coming into these forums after the nightly shutdown of my computer, I am left wating for more that 30 seconds for something called use.typekit.com. Anyone knows what we are supossed to  gain by this?

Typekit.com provides fonts for these forums in the cloud.  The idea is that to make these forums look identical on all computers, typekit will host the fonts so that customers don't need to have these fonts on their machines.  As you may know, websites don't embed fonts in the page; it mainly relies on customers system.  However, this wasn't good enough for website designers so they came out with another syntax called @fontface {} and define their fonts that can be downloaded automatically behind the scenes.  Good idea but if the remote server has a problem then customers suffer like you have today.

However, let us hope that this won't happen regualrly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. And I guess this is the reason why we are no longer able to choose our own fonts in the Advanced Editor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still getting the very long initial delay because of typekit...

Firefox/Mac, cable connection, in Santiago, Chile. Download speed in normal and have no similar delays in other sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again a long wait today in my first coming in these forums because of typekit: more than 45 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines