• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

user Banned from the forum using proxy server??

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI for awhile now I cannot get on the forum without disabling my proxt server. Why is  this? Does adobe need my IP so badly??? This has been going since they started the cloud.. Please help me find out how to get on while on a proxy server. I use netshade and a VPN. It just can't find the server.

Here are the screen shots

Screen shot 2012-12-20 at 2.35.09 PM.jpg

and

Screen shot 2012-12-20 at 2.29.25 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Adobe is interested in your IP address.  Also, banning proxy servers is not directed against you, but against certain people who really want to hide their IP addresses: spammers.

You don't know how many spam messages are removed daily from this forum by moderators and administrators.  Forum spam has become a great problem over the last few years, and banning IP ranges from where forum spam originates has been quite effective.

So I don't think there is a way of letting legitimate users like you using a proxy server to login, while at the same time keeping spammers at bay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advise Pat. this is recent problem. So I guess adobe does not have a work around in the offing? Does this mean that my proxy server is funeling some of those IPs?? Is it flagged somehow?? I suppose I can't reinstall while the proxy is in place then so it will see and recognize it? well thanks anyway. do you have any idea if this is why adobe thinks I am in trial mode when I really have a full license?? I keep getting the pop-up and the days keep counting down and I keep putting in my full license and it keeps asking every time I open the app. I don't wnat to get to day 0 and not be able to use photoshop which I paid full price for when it first came out! Any help would be most welcome. thanks aloha, Uhane

Pat Willener wrote:

I don't think Adobe is interested in your IP address.  Also, banning proxy servers is not directed against you, but against certain people who really want to hide their IP addresses: spammers.

You don't know how many spam messages are removed daily from this forum by moderators and administrators.  Forum spam has become a great problem over the last few years, and banning IP ranges from where forum spam originates has been quite effective.

So I don't think there is a way of letting legitimate users like you using a proxy server to login, while at the same time keeping spammers at bay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On rare occasions Adobe will block access to the forums from an IP address which is sending large amounts of spam. Unfortunately it's not possible to tell if that IP address is a proxy for more than one user, so bans are set to expire after a certain time. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's the only way to prevent flood attacks on the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uhanepono wrote:

do you have any idea if this is why adobe thinks I am in trial mode when I really have a full license?? I keep getting the pop-up and the days keep counting down and I keep putting in my full license and it keeps asking every time I open the app. I don't wnat to get to day 0 and not be able to use photoshop which I paid full price for when it first came out! Any help would be most welcome. thanks aloha, Uhane

No, this is quite a different matter; what I have explained is strictly limited to forum usage.

See if this helps: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

If not, please explain your situation with all details in this forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Out of curiosity, what do you feel you gain by hiding your IP address through the use of such a server?  I've always wondered whether people find legitimate reasons (other than planned abuse of internet services) to use such things.

How can you trust the folks who run such a server not to grab your personal or sensitive info?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines