• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waiting for Moderation?

Guide ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like almost anytime I post I am having this notification popup. While it typically is handled quickly, it gets frustrating as I've been using these forums for years now and never had this issue before.

I realize you must run anti-spam measures but is there no way to see who are regular users and who are not and apply the anti-spam methods to new users? Of course, if a regular user is reported for spam that is one thing...

Just gets a bit frustrating seeing this every time...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda,

Unfortunately, there has to be a specific way to make the exemption. A few months ago, staff, MVPs, ACPs, and others with a brick coloured marking, were exempted.

Before that I had about half my posts moderated, some of them multiple times owing to editing, by the lightning fast and patient moderators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lynda-S,

Are you posting links to something for people see and advice you?  Postings with links have to go through the Moderation process and also some words in the posts might trigger this as well.  Apart from that, these forums do need an overhaul from top to bottom and this is not going to happen in the near future.

We just have to bear with this for now until a viable solution has been found.

Sorry for the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the post have links and those always get flagged as you pointed out (though this wasn't always the case until recently) but some other post without links get flagged also.

The post with links typically are me pointing to a document related to Business Catalyst, where I am the most active.

I don't know if it's possible but whitelisting links that point to either an Adobe site (such as adobe.com/page) or Adobe site, such as typekit.com or businesscatalyst.com would solve most of my problems I believe. Just a thought.

I would like to see the forums get overhauled but I also realize that it would be a lot of work.

Thank you for the responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lynda,

As far as I know, it is impossible to whitelist links. Most of my links are/were to Adobe pages.

Another thing that attracts moderation is HTML. I use/used a lot of that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines