• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Was this helpful?

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every reply has a little Was this helpful? question at the bottom.

Does anybody know what is done when someone clicks on Yes or No ?  How is this used?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clear your internet cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but not sure why you are asking; are you not seeing this any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see it.  And just for good measure I clicked the Yes link in your post above, Pat.  Here's hoping it gets you one notch closer to an award of 1,000,000 shares of Adobe stock.

Hey, without a definition, we can dream, right? 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now it's Adobe Stock, eh?

For a long time, since the rise of the Jive-Nation, we assumed that it was a free "Maine Lobster" lunch with one of the Adobe Product Managers (your choice, but for only 5 mins.) at the Official Adobe Cafeteria. BTW - Friday is Maine Lobster Day in San Jose.

They have now raised the bar!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you all are joshing about points translating to lobster and stock. But in case someone who is seriously wondering about the connection between points and marking posts as Helpful/Correct stumbles across this thread, all is explained here:

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2327.

There's also an abbreviated legend on the right side of this page; at least, there is for me in Admin view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Terry.

As I understood things, every time any participant marks a message of yours as "helpful", you get 5 points. These points may be removed by any moderator.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, the "Was this helpful? Yes/No" item has no relation at all to forum points at this time. The only way to gain points is if the person who started the thread or an administrator uses the "Mark as: Correct/Helpful" option. There Correct gives the user 10 points and Helpful gives the user 5 points.

At a later point the admin or original poster can go back and change that (unmark as Helpful/Correct).

The "Was this helpful? Yes/No" option is more of a "like/don't like" or vote up/down option. This is a one-time vote and cannot be changed by anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri, just to be clear, we're not talking about Helpful or Correct answers, but the Was this helpful? links at the bottom of every post.

adobe-admin wrote:

The "Was this helpful? Yes/No" option is more of a "like/don't like" or vote up/down option. This is a one-time vote and cannot be changed by anyone.

Interestingly, I seem to be able to choose either answer again and again by just revisiting the thread or refreshing the browser.  It's not clear what it would mean if I were to click Yes one time, then No another time, or click Yes on my own post 300,000 times.

I guess the real issue is:

Was this useful?   No   Heck No

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I goofed. Thanks for the clarification..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me the "Was this helpful? Yes/No" is not much use (or at least apparent use). I'm not concerned at all that it does not relate to points. More that it does not seem to add anything to the actual forums.

If one particular user does not find a post helpful, does not mean that the post is incorrect or that other users will find the post very helpful. Or visa-versa.

I think it is acceptable for the OP to mark a response as Correct or Helpful, as it relates to their original query/requirement and they know if it helped them or not. However I do not see the same value in the feedback option.

If I click Yes or No, it changes to a Thanks for your feedback message, which is fine. But when I revisit the same thread, the Helpful option is back available, so I could click again.

I am not sure if this feature is connected to Your Most Liked Content, in the profile page, but if it is then what use is it? So what if some response from years ago was deemed helpful by users other than the OP, the response may not be relevant to the current technology.

If there is no appreciable benefit to the forums for the users, then I would quite happy lose the feedback option.

Niall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Niall. You make excellent points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not connected to the "most liked" stuff in your profile. That goes back to the old Like button that used to be in forums. I don't think there is anything feeding into Most Liked Content at this point.

I am trying to find out exactly what the Helpful yes/no link does. I believe it feeds some analytics outside of the forums . But right now it doesn't affect anything within the forums. There may be plans in place for that to change, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

It would be really interesting to see how often it is clicked. I suspect that users are finding helpful content, but not clicking the feedback option. It's a case of Seek, Find, Go.

If it is feeding into analytics, then it might be skewing the data or people's interpretation of the data, as to how "helpful" the forums are.

Thanks,

Niall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Well, thanks a lot, at long last a clear explanation. I am really amazed at the secrecy that seems to sorround each new feature in these forums. It is not much use explaining them in documents that no normal use will find easily, or hide them in an extensive index which in turn is hidden in a misterious button with just an "?" on it. And which only appears in threads, not on each forum's main page as it should:

?.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great feedback, Claudio. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

at long last a clear explanation

Claudio, you must have gotten more out of that than I (and apparently Niall) did...

Can you please explain of what use a vote of Yes or No is?  Who sees it?  Who or what computer processes act upon it?  What changes because of it?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

at long last a clear explanation

Claudio, you must have gotten more out of that than I (and apparently Niall) did...

Can you please explain of what use a vote of Yes or No is?  Who sees it?  Who or what computer processes act upon it?  What changes because of it?

-Noel

I wrote that I found that a clear, not a complete explanation. At least it explains clearly that the Yes and No buttons are in no way related with the points system, while the article in Terry's link is at best ambiguous on this (my message #6 shows how wrongly I interpreted it).

And I have never written that I see any use in the Yes/No votes; as a matter of fact, I found them completely useless even before adobe-admin posted message #15. It is one of the  -to me- useless things that are being added without explaining openly what they are there for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know you all are joshing about points translating to lobster

No Maine Lobster Lunch at the Official Adobe Cafeteria? Now, I am crushed...

Terri,

Thanks for that link.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines