Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... whoever it was

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go team!  What issue should we all focus on next?  I vote for either "jump to unread" or "search only the forum you're in"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

outstanding.

jump to last  unread next!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

outstanding.

jump to last  unread next!

I'll third that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And nifty little icons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now this forum can continue to accumulate useless spam as before...

Nah I'm sure we'll still see product questions.

What's the use of a forum comments forum if Adobe doesn't even browse it, anyway?  This might as well be turned into a lounge or deleted, honestly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, go for it. What would probably workbest to get this done is to just do it yourself. So register at Jive and download an evaluation version of SBS. Then tweak the FTL templates to provide this feature and publish your changes under an open source license so Adobe can copy them.

To get started you can probably ask for the templates from another Jive customer who has done this before: http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/message/92945#92945

The sticky topics change didn't happen until somebody stood up and sais "I'll do it" either ...

Jochem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Sure, go for it. What would probably workbest to get this done is to just do it yourself.

I'm sure that someone would step up to the plate to do this if they were getting paid like the folks at Jive are getting paid to not do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine, fine... I'll do it.  No charge.

Anyone want to lend me any books they might have on JTML?  (jive talkin' markup language)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit, that sticky is pretty in-your-face and hard to miss.

Fixing forum search would be great, but my confidence in Jive's ability to fix that is around the same level as my confidence in the government to "fix", well, pretty much anything...

If it's in Adobe's power to fix (and yet they haven't done so), which I doubt, all I have to say is-- WTF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit, that sticky is pretty in-your-face and hard to miss.

I missed it. I typically arrive at the forums by clicking the link in an email notification. When Kath reported the sticky, I went to look by viewing her post and then 'Up to discussions...' No sign of a sticky.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.

I'll have to go look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it sticks out. the only person that can't read it, would have to be color blind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yeah, the issue with the Sticky is that if you use the "Up to discussions in forum comments" link, the URL is:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=discussions&start=0

But if you omit the ?view=discussions&start=0 and leave behind the http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments as the link, the Sticky shows.

I'm guessing that's a Jive issue. The way to avoid it is to click the link in the breadcrumb trail.

On the up side, it's very unlikely a lost user will be arriving in this forum by way of an E-Mail message. So they should initially see the Sticky Topics area.

I'd be willing to bet a dollar against a Homer treat (doughnut) that in spite of these efforts, you will still find that some will non-chalantly ignore things and post anyway.

DOH.png Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why isn't this topic showing up in the list of discussions when I refresh the Forum Comments page?  I happened to get back to it by using the <gasp> back button and refreshing the discussion.

Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and now it's back ...

wow.  definitely strange behavior (or for the Brits, behaviour )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to avoid it is to click the link in the breadcrumb trail.

"Breadcrumb trail" is a complete misnomer. Hansel's breadcrumbs were supposed to mark where he had been so he could find his way back. These 'breadcrumbs' are more like an itinerary to show the way he should have gone. If I was trying to get from A to B but got sidetracked and went via C and D, I'd expect a breadcrumb trail to show A - C - D - B, not A - B.

On the up side, it's very unlikely a lost user will be arriving in this forum by way of an E-Mail message. So they should initially see the Sticky Topics area.

I'm willing to bet that most new users get here via a web search. Google "not the dreamweaver" and you'll probably find a thread related to this one. Click the link, and then, as a newcomer, start going up to find out where you should be. No sticky. If I instead use the 'breadcrumb' link to go back (from there or here, say), I am dumped in 'Adobe general forums' containing a single month-old thread consisting only of a single personal message from Mike Kazlow. No sticky.

Navigating this maze is as bewildering today as it was four months ago.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

Navigating this maze is as bewildering today as it was four months ago.

bag-o-worms.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should that be a Can of worms instead of a bag of worms

2s1m1s9.jpg

2s1m1s9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever it is, I didn't appreciate seeing it this early in the morning, that's for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We dig em up and put them in bags.

I never saw a can of worms.

shrug.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

We dig em up and put them in bags.

I never saw a can of worms.

shrug.gif

Note: on the website where I grabbed this image, specifically said "Royality Free image"

OBJ019.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Should that be a Can of worms instead of a bag of worms

Correct, the phrase is: Can of worms.. as in "Opening a can of worms"... However, in this case it's metaphorical..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They last copy was given to the BeeGee's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines