Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the "forum alternatives"?

Jun 07, 2009 Jun 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if Adobe really does start to come around and consider the fact that this "Jiveware" is not working out to everyone's satisfaction, has anyone discussed or researched the alternatives yet?

Obviously they have had their own internal research but it doesn't mean we can't help and make suggestions based on well functioning examples of high traffic forums that we may have seen on other sites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_forum_software

Wiki has a section here (if the link works) with "subarticles" that contains ASP, PHP, and "Other" forum software comparisons.

It's not like Adobe is the only company that has a long list of high volume forums out there--what do others use?  I'm sure it's not Jiveware.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Ann, I agree with you about the forum quality.  I don't know how many customers WebX loses from their pricing plan (even they don't, honestly), but if it's too high and they're a well run business, the price will come down eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i dunno about whether they're priced right for their market, but they have some pretty big customers:

http://www.webcrossing.com/Home/customers.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing growing pains (a lot of them)

We are not experiencing "Growing Pains" — this is Rigor Mortis …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Shelbourne wrote:

We are experiencing growing pains (a lot of them)

We are not experiencing "Growing Pains" — this is Rigor Mortis …

You should be a comedian, really. (big obnoxious smiley, for email users)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines