• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the "Ghandi thread"?

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2009 May 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that was one of the most interesting discussions here recently. Did it get pulled for a reason?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely because it didn't have any remote connection to Forum Comments. I assume it got pulled. I read afew of the threads but I've been marking them as read.

If there is a need perhaps for a strictly off topic forum wher e you could discuss, the waether fishing, hunting, whatever. Mozilla has one moxilla.general where almost any topic is okay and its not moderated too much as well. Its mozzilla.general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Most likely because it didn't have any remote connection to Forum Comments.

Only a cretin with a pea brain could have missed the connection to the Forum Comments.

I posted the Gandhi quote specifically to link it to the attitude paraded here, on this very forum, and on the blogs of some Adobe executives.

It will be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was very relevant in light on the attitude of some of the hosts and Adobe employees. That's why it got pulled it made them look bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

I thought it was very relevant in light on the attitude of some of the hosts and Adobe employees. That's why it got pulled it made them look bad.

It certainly was, at the beginning. Unfortunately, it soon became infected by off topic and "witty" comments. Finally there was a long series of abusive and I would say even insulting posts by the same person (I would say they were more than eight). I was one of the few persons to protest for this, but I don't think that removing the whole thread was the best solution.

I would therefore like to request Ramón to start the thread all over again, and fellow users to make an effort to keep on topic. As I have already said at least twice elsewhere, this Discussions forum is looking too much like a twin of the darkest part of the Lounge. I, at least, don't think it should be allowed so much lattitude, although I agree in that some amount of humour may help to alleviate what I see as a growing state of unwanted and unneeded confrontation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio González wrote:

Unfortunately, it soon became infected by off topic and "witty" comments. Finally there was a long series of abusive and I would say even insulting posts by the same person (I would say they were more than eight). I was one of the few persons to protest for this, but I don't think that removing the whole thread was the best solution.

As is so often the case, my good friend Claudio is on the right track.  It is the expressed, honest practice of some forum hosts to pull an entire thread when abuse is perceived.

Claudio González wrote:

I would therefore like to request Ramón to start the thread all over again,

Done! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As if purposedly designed to demonstrate the futility of censorship in the forums, the above-referenced thread that was deleted here is alread cached for posterity on Google:

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:XYdOAXmAWCcJ:forums.adobe.com/thread/430097%3Bjsessionid%3D030A8AA562417D93924EBC29F9CC6B53.node0%3Ftstart%3D0+adobe+forums+Ghandi+quote+for+employees+of+any+entity%E2%80%94and+forum+hosts&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines