Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the translate option?

Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some messages have a translate option open with the message

Other messages doen't and the translate option at the bottom of the message is gone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any URLs or screenshots showing where this is happening, John?

I don't recall seeing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most recent is https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Adobe-creativ-cloud-k%C3%BCndigen/td-p/10653384

Translation does not pop up in a window on the upper right, and no translate option at the bottom

Win10 + Chrome 

ADDED - I recently installed the CSS to change the look of the forums

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-Community-Professionals/Compact-CSS-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/1...

So I wonder if that is why translate is not showing for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes more than likely. It shows for me on the discussions you linked to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I see Translate.

I just checked enabling and disabling that Compact CSS and it definitely hides Translate.

With Compact CSS

clipboard_image_0.png

Without Compact CSS

clipboard_image_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screen shot with CSS the translate icon is still there 2019-10-07 05_21_45-What happened to the translate option_ - Adobe Support Community.png but the word Translate is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That's what confused me initially. The Translate icon isn't actually clickable, only the text label is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well... Google translate works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the compact css installed, it hides the label "Translate" but the icon is still there. I've replied to the Back Room New Forum Issue Part 2 thread with a fix, that hopefully the person who created it will fix. I'm not sure if the script auto-updates or if you need to manually refresh it after a change is made.

If you're comfortable with css you can edit the custom css yourself.

In mine, the last style was '.translate-button__text'. This needs to be changed to '.ForumPage .translate-button__text'.

This hides the label on the main forum page, but displays it in the discussion pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the Custom CSS so now the "T" of "Translate" shows on the main page and this is clickable to get the translation functionality...

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines