• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Top Poster list in PS forum?

Advocate ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been monitoring the forums since shortly after the Creative Cloud was launched. I was disappointed when I re-visited the Photoshop forum today. I was interested in seeing if the top posters from back then were still active, but I couldn't find a top poster list for the PS forum. There seems to be one for the Forum Comments forum. Has this feature been removed or only hidden from the PS forum?

The forums seem to be more user unfriendly than they used to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acresofgreen,

It has been removed in the Illustrator forum as well.

As I have understood it, to make (more) room for other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation. Making room for other things sounds like an excuse to me. I really miss that list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top poster list hung around in the PS forum for a long time - but it wasn't updated, so didn't tell you much.

What I'd like to see, is latest poster in each thread. That would give a quick general overview of recent forum activity, at a glance, without having to open each thread.

But I think that has been requested several times before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Top Contributor list in the Illustrator forum was kept updated until it disappeared.

The wish list has been long for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much too long for a much too long time. This would be unacceptable for any decent reasonable large corporation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse wrote:

What I'd like to see, is latest poster in each thread. That would give a quick general overview of recent forum activity, at a glance, without having to open each thread.

But I think that has been requested several times before.

Yes, that is sadly missed.  When I first visit the forum, I don't even see the bolded subject lines for threads with unread posts.  I have open the forum, and then refresh it!  What's all that about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

I don't even see the bolded subject lines for threads with unread posts.  I have open the forum, and then refresh it!

It happens to me most times when I refresh, but I believe it is the same: (for me) it slips from Discussions to All Contents, so I have to keep clicking the former to go back to that. Sometimes, I can click the Bookmark (which is set to Discussions), but often that just slips as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have mentioned before in other threads, I see the bolded subject lines only in the Content >  Discussions view. And my bookmarks for the forums I frequent are truncated when I first enter the forums after even short periods of inactivity, so I am taken to the Content > All Content view instead. My bookmarks work properly when I move to another thread.

This is one of the many Jive "features" that have been known but not corrected for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, Claudio, so it is the (short) inactivity that triggers it.

I will keep an eye on it.

It seems that we shall have to work harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines