• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is the difference between virtual machine and physical machine?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

what is the difference between virtual machine and physical machine?

(AND)

how can i identify whether my application is running in a Virtual Machine or not?

(AND)

how can i get all the VMs from a physical host ?

(AND)

how can i differentiate physical OS and Virtual Machine OS

(AND)can identify current machine is a Virtual machine ?

because i created license based on IP ADDRESS

But now using Virtual machine server users creating the VM image ie the copy of whole Product and using it

in this condition both of them having same ip address and using the same License .

i cant differentiate IP address

So i need to identify another condition and based on that i have to create license.

Please give me some idea

Thanks in advance

Portia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this:

http://vmtimes.com/2009/07/what-is-the-difference-between-virtual-and-nonvirtual-machine/

Or this google: There are several hits, including yours, but the remaining tell you what it is.

http://vmtimes.com/2009/07/what-is-the-difference-between-virtual-and-nonvirtual-machine/

The rest of your answers are too long to post a reply too but can be googled. There were lots of results and too many to post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need a physical machine to run a virtual one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are hearing the voice in the machine, then you are in the virtual machine. If you hear silence (or the hum of the hard drive or transformer), then you are in the physical machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OP - You might get a little more support in the Flex forums, maybe the AIR forums... maybe Coldfusion?  But really I'm not sure these forums are the best place to get good answers to those questions.  I've no experience with virtualization but I've heard (don't take my word) that it's possible via configuration (prob depends on your virtualization sw).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2009 Oct 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have posted your message to the "Forum comments" forum. The Forum comments forum is intended for making comments on the functioning of any of the forums. The Forum comments forum is not intended for issues related to the use of Adobe products or other Adobe services, so your message is out of place here and I will be locking this thread.

Your best bet for finding help is to post in the forum of the product you are using (Flash standalone? AIR?). It usually helps to start with the description of the problem you are trying to solve (license protection) instead of one of the possible solutions (IP address limits) for that problem so people can provide you with a wider range of alternative solutions. Goof luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines