• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the forum to post questions about the forums?

Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A problem that many people have reported since 2020 is that the "More" button which allows you to edit a post after making it, has devolved into an empty box.     This used to work as of a couple of years ago.   If we need to fix a typo or add detail to a post, how are we supposed to do it now?   And where are we supposed to post questions like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question moved

I don't know the 'magic formula' but I have read that the forum software (which Adobe rents) does not allow 'new' users to edit messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a new user.  And I always used to be able to edit messages in the past. 

... "magic formula" for what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>... "magic formula" for what?

To qualify to edit your posts.

Due to constant abuse by bots posing as new members and spammers, Adobe has tweaked the forum settings so that new forum members can only edit their own posts after a certain amount of participation. No-one but Adobe knows what those settings are.

Basically, contribute to the forums for a while and the ability to edit your own posts will soon appear.

>>>I'm not a new user.

You probably are on this new Khoros platform.

Adobe switched the forums from Jive to Khoros a couple of years ago. Everyone already on Jive became a "new user" on Khoros. You previously edited on Jive. Editing on Khoros first requires a period of participation from "new" members.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@peternelson 

Thank you for your contribution. Now I definitely know that the number of posts out of 113 is not enough to edit posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines