Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the logic behind...

Sep 19, 2009 Sep 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the logic behind removing the name "user to user forums" to just "forums"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

It would be more interesting if you changed your username to "Adobe" and pretended that you were Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2009 Sep 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

What is the logic behind removing the name "user to user forums" to just "forums"

Obvious, Buko: to save space. Space to fill with a beautiful new logo and other niceties, and even to leave blank, and so make it impossible in most browsers to look at the first item in the list of topics without scrolling down... And please don't forget giving me some points; I haven't received any in a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2009 Sep 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably, quite soon someone is bound to say that it is because they are no longer user to user forums, possibly adding one or more possible grounds for the statement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because most of the old dogs that used to share ideas and how to do things with each other, that made it a user to user forum, have gone now. So in order to reflect that change the new name is just (drum roll please) forums. Besides, some shirt can now go to this coming weeks morning meeting and tell everyone how they improved the new forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Transitory phase to "HoHums"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

In preparation for no users left. Soon it will be panicking user to Adobe Support India Employee forums. Wait till they have to fit that one in... I guess they can abbreviate:

Pan-Usr Adob. Sup. Ind. Emp. For.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Actually, and more seriously, d'you think it could possibly be because Adobe wants to start taking a more active role here? No, probably not, probably just some spark decided why say "User to User Forums" when "Forums" would do as well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Forums provide an interactive online environment for vibrant discussion of Adobe products and related topics, where Adobe users exchange questions, offer ideas and suggestions, and share tips and tricks.

I don't see why it matters really. You go to other forums and it is a given that you are not speaking to the company directly, nor is that indicated usually on other forums (as Adobe still has done, see above). I have also never seen new users assume that they are talking directly to a company when logging onto those forums...I only see that happen on this one....weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately Adobe changed the logo that is associated with the Community Experts program.

Because the older incarnation had an Adobe logo, all too often the person we were attempting to help would assume we were Adobe employees!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

Adobe Forums provide an interactive online environment for vibrant discussion of Adobe products and related topics, where Adobe users exchange questions, offer ideas and suggestions, and share tips and tricks.

I don't see why it matters really. You go to other forums and it is a given that you are not speaking to the company directly, nor is that indicated usually on other forums (as Adobe still has done, see above). I have also never seen new users assume that they are talking directly to a company when logging onto those forums...I only see that happen on this one....weird.

Ozz,

that's not entirely true.  There are many forums where the help provided is "company" help, not users assisting.  The "company" help  might well be in a third world country, working via scripting messages, but it's "company" help nonetheless! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Apple Forums you are as apt to get an employee as a user. They may not be the first to respond, but at some point one will jump in especially in the System forums.

MicroSoft on their forum they have regulars from staff to man post especially in the Excel Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

I have also never seen new users assume that they are talking directly to a company when logging onto those forums...I only see that happen on this one....weird.

That's it I've never seen so many people angry that Adobe is not listening to them on this Forum. Maybe its only the extra stupid people who have Adobe software problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

On the contrary, most company driven forums are staffed by employees or actively visited by them. And most visitors to a company driven forum take it for granted that they are speaking with 'the company'. In fact, it is here that users have had to point out to irate posters – on numerous ocassions – that these are user-to-user forums and Adobe personnel if, and when, they do visit, usually do so in a private capacity. This has been pointed out uncountable times in the DW, AI and PS forums for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JhabrixJay wrote:

And most visitors to a company driven forum take it for granted that they are speaking with 'the company'. In fact, it is here that users have had to point out to irate posters – on numerous ocassions – that these are user-to-user forums and Adobe personnel if, and when, they do visit, usually do so in a private capacity. This has been pointed out uncountable times in the DW, AI and PS forums for sure.

Exactly. that's why it should read User to User Forum like when WebCrossing ran the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko,

Glad that you pointed that out. I had missed this change.

I often site that these are "user to user" fora, per the title on the pages, when we get the "Adobe - do something about this!" posts. Boy, would I feel more stupid, than normal, had I uttered those words in any recent posts.

Thanks, and much appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still point out that these are user to user forums when I see the tirades at Adobe. But since user to user has been removed I have seen more tirades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be more interesting if you changed your username to "Adobe" and pretended that you were Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidently gave you the correct answer I did not mean to but of all the answers so far that was a good one.

Personally I don't want to change my name to Adobe maybe you should do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

I accidently gave you the correct answer

Jive: Poor software design?  Nah, what are you talking about?  We don't design this crap at all!  But upgrade to our next version--we didn't design that one, either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would be lost without a Buko.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Personally I don't want to change my name to Adobe

If you did, your name would be mud!    

(adobe = mud get it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. I needed the points

And no, I don't want to be associated with this type of crap!

But it would be funny if someone did it I bet it would only be a matter of minutes before that user would be banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By no fault of your own you already are part of it.

Now go do the right thing and turn yourself in. You will feel better after the confession.

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

LOL. I needed the points

And no, I don't want to be associated with this type of crap!

But it would be funny if someone did it I bet it would only be a matter of minutes before that user would be banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2009 Sep 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the logic behind removing the name "user to user forums" to just "forums"?

Think about it.

How does it benefit Adobe to inform visitors that this is a user-to-user forum?

If you're a regular and already know this is a u2u exchange, you're unaffected by this change.

If you're a new visitor, frustrated by product and/or support issues, and rail against Adobe here, any number of forum participants will jump on your case and set you straight.

If you're a new visitor and receive a helpful answer from someone you mistakenly believe to be an official Adobe representative, it is to Adobe's advantage to have you continue to believe you received competent company support.

It's win-win-win for Adobe,,, hence, an excellent corporate decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2009 Sep 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about the crap answers? Ah, wait, of course a newcomer won't notice. Yes, you may be right. But you forgot a most important factor: cost. How much would it cost Adobe to have under contract an Ozpeter, a Neil Keller, a Phosphor, a Ramón, a Tjäder, an Ann (to name just a few, and in no particular order)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines