• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this and Why on Earth does it keep coming up on my COMPUTER?

LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this popup when I first go to the forums (this site) and clcik the Sign In button.

2020-11-14 08_29_22-Adobe ID.png

It is asking me to download a Mobile Device App to Sign In without using a Password. I'm NOT on  Mobile Device. How would having this app on my phone stop me from having to enter a password to Sign In to the Adobe support forums?

I already have that on Chrome on my computer AND on my Phone (If I chose to go to the these forums on my phone, which I Don't).

Please Refresh you Thoughts on this very annoying popup. In other words STOP making it come up.

TOPICS
Bug , General Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is an Adobe addition, or someone at the company that owns the forum software, but I am also really tired of sites that try and force everyone to have a cell phone at hand at all times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John I just Dropped a Credit Card company, Bank, because every time I go to check my balance or pay the balanced they want me to enter a One Time Code that is sent to my cell phone.

If they can't properly secure their site I don't want to have anything to do with them.

I don't need an App on my phone to Log into a forum site with a Computer Web Browser.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed with the replies above (and below). This is getting to be a real nuisance. I now have to enter my password, then confirm my telephone number, then enter a code sent to me when logging into PayPal, and a similar process with my bank accounts and plenty of other services. Sure, 2FA is important, but it's also a huge hassle, not to mention a major risk. What if I don't have my phone handy and need to make a transfer, or even just check my account's status? Or if I'm in a spot without reception? Also, what if I lose my phone and need to get a new number? It becomes a gigantic PITA.

One of my banks is even forcing me to enter a code sent via SMS just to perform /a search/ of my past actions...

And to ask you to install an app, with all kinds of weird permissions, just to be able to log in to a forum system, is really going too far. Thankfully it's only temporary now, but how knows for how long that will remain so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Europe (EU), 2FA for most banking transactions is now the law, whether banks or customers want it or not. No care seems to have been given for people without access to working mobile phones. Though a bank can use either kinds of 2FA, not just SMS, and some already have been for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it too sometimes.

Just click continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob that is Not the point. But thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>just Dropped a Credit Card company

I have 2 credit cards... the one I use the most does not require 2 factor login... the one I have only for credit rating (I use it about once a month to keep it active) does require 2 factor, but once a month to check and pay my bill isn't bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a mobile app which can be used instead if entering a password. Smart. There seems no way to say thanks, I've seen this, don't tell me again. Not smart. Sometimes I feel Adobe give out a bonus to their staff for annoying intrusive messaging.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you supposed to sign in to your account on the PC with a mobile app? At any rate, I'm happy with what I have, and it's annoying to have this pop up all the time. Give me the option to stop asking me, doggone it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How are you supposed to sign in to your account on the PC with a mobile app?" The page tells you in some detail. We already have to use our phones to sign into a lot of things on the PC, because we get sent an authorization code in SMS.

I suspect Adobe have a plan to make this compulsory real soon now, and we all need to get used to it, or start raising hell now... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, botheration. I know 2FA is a good idea, but I hate having to use multiple ones. It's an absolute pain keeping track of all these different ways to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night we donned our masks and ventured out for some seafood at a local restaurant. Instead of traditional paper menus, each table has a QR code to scan with a smartphone camera which downloads their app.  And since we didn't bring a smartphone along, it was no soup for us! 

Actually, the flummoxed waiter looked at us like we were Rigel VII aliens and then hastily searched around for some leftover paper menus.  Yup, digital shmigital.  It's the new, new normal now.  Get used to it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, a new reality😁 - after all, it is the 21st C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I skipped it.  My cell phone is already attached to too much stuff as is. 

I am already signed into to my Adobe apps.  And I automatically sign-in when joining the forum.  So this does me no good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer see that cell phone screen when the forum logs my out and I have to log back in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see it any more as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't seen it in the last 2 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines