• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this page? Photoshop discussions.

Guru ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this Photoshop page? And why?

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop?view=discussions

I sometimes get to it in the "bread trail".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2011 Feb 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering the number of threads, and their age, I woul

d say that the forum was a frustrated project that just stayed ther

e in the middle of nowhere until someone noticed recently, when it was moved

to the Photoshop forum by a diligent Adobe employee...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it appears that some folk posted to the PS root forum, rather than the sub-forum appropriate to their OS, or some appropriate sub-set of PS.

That used to happen all too often in the Premiere root forum, until it was changed dramatically about a year ago. In some of the root fora, I'm not sure how people even get to them to post (one poster in PrPro was a MOD elsewhere, so had a MOD console), as most could not even reply to them - only read.

Looks like someone needs to do a bit of housekeeping in the PS forum.

Hunt, just speculating here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users cannot post in there. It looks like a forum host moved that content there, possibly by mistake. The latest thread indicates that, where it says "I am moving this to the PS forum."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Users cannot post in there. It looks like a forum host moved that content there, possibly by mistake. The latest thread indicates that, where it says "I am moving this to the PS forum."

Well, if a host/employee

says "I am moving this to the PS forum"

, and does, I wouldn't call that a mistake or an accident...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

accident that it was moved into the wrong section -- not an accident that it was moved at all...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Harbs. wrote:

accident that it was moved into the wrong section -- not an accident that it was moved at all...

Harbs

Pardon this non native English speaker but, doesn't the phrase "I'm moving this to the PS forum" indicate a delibarate action instead of an accident? I mean, this person chose the PS forum before doing the move there... This could have been a mistake or a misfortune, but not an accident.

In any case, our discussion seems to be worthless, as the link on the opening message still takes me to the same place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines