Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what's going on now?!!

Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

id & password issue. just had to do a link with the store & coldfusion id, and now i'm not sure what's going on. but i just got in here... AHH!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 155 Replies 155
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Meanwhile the current system is working perfectly well enough so for the Adobe Forums so I see no reason to be in a hurry to make the change.

According to the post by Forum Ops at Forums Operations, "Just one question about basic performance" #14, 13 Feb 2009 3:45 pm the current system is creaking. We could carry on and watch it fall over, then adopt a panic measure, or make a pre-emptive move on the basis of careful consideration, which has clearly been going on in the background for some time.

When it comes to the design, so far we've seen an interim design of part of one page. Personally I'll suspend judgment until we have functioning examples of the whole thing so we can adequately assess both form and function and the interplay of the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> the people who are going to use this are designers.

Well, some are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the others should, hopefully, be helped to become.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm a recording engineer. Is becoming a designer a condition of use of the new forums? ;)

Maybe I'm missing the point, but Adobe software covers a wide range of applications, many of which do not require design skills, and in any event if designers didn't have very different views on what constitutes good design, there wouldn't be so many of them.

I imagine that a key element in any designer's work is to create a design which is appealing to the target audience, and that might not actually appeal to the designer. And here the target audience is quite a mishmash of persons, I would have thought, probably unified only by their experience of typical forum designs elsewhere, which will inform their expectations here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And some like a broad overview of all topics in a forum (I can see 50 on a page in this format) and the ability to move between different threads and forums instantly.

Quick browsing and posting (with formatting and in-line images where necessary!) is what makes it a pleasure to be here, rather than a chore.

I haven't seen anything to like in the newer stuff yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ozpeter,

Gosh I hope being a designer is not a criteria for being on the adobe Forums.

I use Adobe personally. I use it to convert Documents to PDF that I can upload to my website. And up until last summer my Electronics Association website. I Also use to make PDF forms or convert documents to fillable Forms for my own use.

But that does not make me a designer. That makes be a user of Acrobat or Acrobat pro since version 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines