• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What the bleep is going on?

Advocate ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fired up Safari. Red logo is back on the right, in the search box.

screenshot_04.jpg

No scroll bars, can't go anywhere (of course I had to log in).

Quit Safari, start Firefox and come back. Log in again. Logo is back on the left, black bar around 'Forums' is gone. White surround is gone. Links are blue. Firefox crashes. Try again. Crashes again. (Logo was on the left though). Firefox never crashes!

Back to Safari. Log in again. Logo is as in the screenshot but at least the scrollbars are back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox:

screenshot_07.jpg

and

screenshot_08.jpg

Then it bloody crashed again.

Safari as before, logo top right. Big black box round 'Forums' is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be the new red logo, even Jive does not like it and won't talk to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does no-one else see this?

screenshot_02.jpg

And why would its position be browser-dependent? Anyway, whatever is suddenly crashing FF all the time I'd like it to stop, it's really disconcerting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refreshed the page and it's back on the left. Stop twiddling those knobs, you'll go blind, whoever you are!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll lol on the other side of your face in a minute, young man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol!!!

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey... i don't get those cute red flags?

Adobe logo, top left of page. Next to the search 'slot' all i have is a magnifying glass....

FF3.0.11. No tinkering or disabling...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey... i don't get those cute red flags?

addUpdateFlag

http://userstyles.org/styles/17070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

addUpdateFlag

http://userstyles.org/styles/17070

Aah! That's a tinker! Now, all we need is are the tailor, soldier and sailor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FF now

screenshot_09.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add to Adblock:

http://www.adobe.com/ubi/globalnav/include/adobe-lq.png

http://forums.adobe.com/people/*/avatar/*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no filtering or styling by me in that screen shot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll lol on the other side of your face in a minute, young man

ohhh! i made myself sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet explorer 8 is fine. The new orange logo is still, well, orange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Internet explorer 8 is fine. The new orange logo is still, well, orange.

just adjust your screen, it will show up red ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I have the monitor set for internet reading. Easy on the ole eyeballs. Maybe I will set it to factory default and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display Calibratorpicture001.png

Th is how I have gamma set for the didplay on my computer. Reds come out redder this way. I like to see websites which majority written either by Windows or Unix/Linux the way the color would display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***sigh***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good on yer mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, me lad:

PjonesCET wrote:

Th is how I have gamma set for the didplay on my computer. Reds come out redder this way. I like to see websites which majority written either by Windows or Unix/Linux the way the color would display.

In cases like this, it'sbetter and far more useful to give full details rather than a screenshot of some meaningless screenshot... if you know what i mean. To wit, please state:

1/ CPU set up: Intel, AMD, etc.

2/ PC Manufacturer: Dell, HP, Apple, Zenith, etc.

3/ OS: Linux with version, Windows with version, Apple with version, etc.

4/ Graphics card: NVIDIA, ATI, Matrox, etc.Please also model, version, RAM

5/ Graphics software and drivers: Please state version of drivers and any third party software

6/ Colour Management: Please state any colour management software in use. See 5/ above.

7/ Monitor - 1: Please state manufacturer, model number, etc.

8/ Monitor - 2: Please state screen resolution, pixel dot pitch, etc.

9/ Colour calibration: Please state what colour calibration tools and software are in use

10/ Colour space: Please state what colour space your monitor is calibrated to.

11/ Please state ambient light conditions. Preferably with brightness and colour temperature readings.

Once you have run thru the above check list and provided the detailed info, preferably in triplicate, then it becomes relevant to start adjusting your gamma, etc.and posting screenshots of what you're attempting to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2009 Jun 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toss all that out as computers use algorithms to best guess at what people want to see. However, people see colors differently from one another depending on how their brains process the information. I used to get drilled by customers who see a tint of red in a soild color yet I could not see it. Makes things worse they would ask someone else to look at it and they cannot see the red tint yet see a orange tint or see the red tint or see nothing at all.

Calibrate to standards all you want but it does not mean that it will show the same to all. It is just a calibration to a known agreed upon standard.

Colors choice is always so much fun:) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calibrate to standards all you want but it does not mean that it will show the same to all. It is just a calibration to a known agreed upon standard.

that's not what calibration is for (so everyone "sees" it the same). calibration is so that it can be reproduced accurately time and time again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tis what I wrote. A standard. The rest is hogwash that people already know. Gotta keep the conversation going somehow as it seems pretty dead tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christ! My post was meant to be totally tongue-in-cheek and aimed at Phillip's post of his 'calibration' screenshot! IOW calibration is a serious business and dependent on a host of factors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines