• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find a user-guide for the awfull Text-Editor used to enter/edit these forums entries?

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2009 Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am desesperate to understand how quite basic functions (just as one of many examples: how can I paste text, that I have formatted in MS Word and want to paste into a Forum Post-Entry?) can be done with the primitive and awful Text Editor used to enter/edit Forum Entries. Notice, that like many other Adobe users, I am not familiar at all with HTML and it is therefore a description of the badly named "Full Editor" that I am looking for.

Where can I find a User-Guide for this Text Editor?

My recommendation to Adobe: exercise enough  brute pressure on the developers of this primitive Text Editor to force them to provide something more reasonable, more powerful and more intuitive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use trial and error.

You need lots of both.

And, when you think you've got it licked, it bites back.

... or logs you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert Eckerlin wrote on 11/1/2009 4:31 PM:

I am desesperate to understand how quite basic functions (just as one of many examples: how can I paste text, that I have foremated in MS Word and want to paste into a Forum Post-Entry)

Copy-paste of formatted content is not supported.

Where can I find a User-Guide for this Text Editor?

http://www.jivesoftware.com/builds/docs/clearspace/2.5.7/ClearspaceHelp.html#CreatingContent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Jochem for your answer.

I took a look at the xxxxx.ClearspaceHelp.html Webpage that you refered me to.

I have problems to understand how that Webpage can be considered to be/contain  a "User Guide" for the Text Editor.... It contains so few information about Text Editing.  Is there really nothing better?  Based on your answer, I fear that I can not find or get better documentation from Adobe or from the Jive company about this Text Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solon48 wrote:

I fear that I can not find or get better documentation from Adobe or from the Jive company about this Text Editor.

That's par for the course.

You'll get used to it Robert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert Eckerlin wrote on 11/1/2009 6:48 PM:

I took a look at the xxxxx.ClearspaceHelp.html Webpage that you refered me to.

I have problems to understand how that Webpage can be considered to be/contain a "User Guide" for the Text Editor....

It is the only thing that is available.

It contains so few information about Text Editing. Is there really nothing better?

Do you have any examples of the sort of documentation you want to have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Jochem

I was trying to understand how I could do things as simple as inserting text that I had previously copied. Since there are neither command menüs nor buttons for the Insert of previously copied text, I was trying a mouse right click.....and was being offered in the context menu the choice between "Insert Link", "Insert Image", "Alignement", and "Insert Table"....... but no possibility of a plain insert of previously copied text.

Now, I realize, that Clearstream supports at least the keyword shortcut of "Ctrl V" ........that I am not using in any other software (I never use any keyboard shortcuts).

Since Clearstream does not support reasonable choices in the contextual menus, I will need to memorize the most important keyword shortcuts.

By the way: I detected now, that the "Ctrl V" keyboard shortcut allows me to insert formatted text.

---

Even, if I will now begin to be able to use reasonably Clearstream, I am quite surprised to see that such a software provides neither reasonable Contextual Menus, nor a User Guide, nor........

--

Thank you again Jochem for your patience with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe will surely ask Jives to get re-imbursed for the many many hours, that  Adobe users have wasted with Jives Software: I will recommend to Hedge Fund Managers to "Short" the Shares of Jive. This will hopefully allow to get rid of some problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solon48 wrote:

I never use any keyboard shortcuts

It's time you did, and not because of the awful nature of jive's text input box, but because in all applications a judicious mixture of mouse actions and keyboard shortcuts will speed up operations considerably.

The common ones soon become second nature.

It also helps if you find one day that your mouse is kaputt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

solon48 wrote:

It's time you did, and not because of the awful nature of jive's text input box, but because in all applications a judicious mixture of mouse actions and keyboard shortcuts will speed up operations considerably.

Not to mention it helps avoid carpal tunnel, bursitis and tendonitis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

solon48 wrote:

But who is solon48? No post here by said person... unless these JIve forums have started playing jive ghosties as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Robert E.

Like a few other users he has an alter EGO (or two IDs).

Latin joke.

All part of the plot to frighten everyone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, No...it did not want to frighten anybody away (even if I wanted to do so, I would not be able to do it). Also, I did not want to hide from others or confuse others.

My Forum- or Adobe- profile contained a "Screen Name" and it is that Screen Name that caused the confusion. Sorry for it. Its now fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a test of a few of the options in WordPerfect:

‒    Number one;
‒    Number two.

1)    Number one again;
2)    Number two again.

Centred

Right aligned

Left aligned    Centred    Right aligned

The listings work, unexpectedly.

The alignments do not, expectedly since this is something like emailing. It even strips the font.

This is less worse than expected. So it would be possible to write the whole post and insert, without going through Notepad.

It may be different with Worst, because it is Worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines