• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I suggest a redesign of the CS6 splash screens?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new splash screens are ugly and amateurish! I would imagine that Adobe has terrific, professional, artists on staff, so why not have something that looks professional?

Every time I open one of the programs in Creative Suite, I am surprised. And, I can't find any place on the Adobe website to make a complaint directly.

Anyone else have an opinion??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read all about the design process which took place for the CS6 "Brand Experience" here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/brandexperience/2012/05/16/the-cs6-desktop-brand-system/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John -- I read about the design process. I have now lived with the new splash screens for many months, and still do not believe that the extraneous blobs and lines are attractive -- or that the designer(s) got their teams and managers to sign off on this approach. I like the product icons -- it is just the splash screens that ruin the elegant simplicity of the branding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it could be worse. Some years back, Corel redid the product branding and splash screen for Painter (sort of like Photoshop, but with some important differences). Someone on their design team came up with a nine-fingered hand, for Painter IX. There was a major protest from the design community, and I think some of those old threads are still active on several Painter boards.

9.png

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG -- you are right! It could be worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a bit of a late reply, but I agree wholeheartedly.

The Photoshop splash screen in particular is hideous.

Adobe should hold a competition amongst its users to provide the new splash screens with every iteration of CS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS is no more... CS6 is the last of that line... Everything is now CC... Cloud

Cloud Forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud

The wishform link in #1 is still the best way to send your opinion to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt they have in house artist and designers, the jobs were probably shipped overseas.  Like everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, I think it's kind of cute myself.  But unfortunately they set the gamma for the font mixing wrong.

CS_14.0_EE_Splash_Screen.png

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text is no legible at all. Excepet the Lucky 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Lucky-7 related note, I like the Easter Egg in version 13.0.5 of Photoshop CS6 for the Mac (visible by holding down the Command key when selecting the "About Photoshop…" menu item in the Photoshop menu😞

Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 2.17.11 AM.png

Incidentally, some of the Legal Notices" are kind of interesting:

Copyright 1990-2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. All rights reserved.

Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.

Color-database derived from Sample Books © Dainippon Ink and Chemicals, Inc., licensed to Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Portions copyright Eastman Kodak Company. Kodak is the copyright owner of the Toolkit and its related documentation.

Certain trademarks are owned by The Proximity Division of Franklin Electronic Publishers, Inc., and are used by permission. Merriam-Webster is a trademark of Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Portions utilize Microsoft Windows Media Technologies.  Copyright © 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All Rights Reserved

Portions utilize Microsoft Windows Media Technologies. Copyright © 1999-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

PANTONE® colors displayed here may not match PANTONE-identified standards.  Consult current PANTONE Color Publications for accurate color. PANTONE® and other Pantone, Inc. trademarks are the property of Pantone, Inc. © Pantone, Inc., 2012

Pantone, Inc. is the copyright owner of color data and/or software which are licensed to Adobe Systems Incorporated to distribute for use only in combination with Adobe Photoshop. PANTONE Color Data and/or software shall not be copied onto another disk or into memory unless as part of Adobe Photoshop.

TOYO COLOR FINDER® SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE © TOYO INK MFG. CO., LTD. 1991-1994.

Notices, terms and conditions pertaining to third party software are located at http://www.adobe.com/go/thirdparty/ and incorporated by reference herein.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Windows 7, when you press the CTRL key while selecting About Photoshop, you get a sketched cat.

.Adobe PS About.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines