Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Where do we report abuse and harassment through forum Private Messages?

Guide ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do we report abuse and sociopathological harassment received through forum Private Messages?

Views

6.4K

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009
with an answer like that SDA must be the one sending them.

Likes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Where do we report abuse and sociopathological harassment received through forum Private Messages?

In the Harassment / Abuse Forum.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no no. i just wanted a good argument. isn't this the argument forum?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

no no. i just wanted a good argument. isn't this the argument forum?

The Argument Forum is 9degrees and 4 minutes due East. Having found it, you need to knock twice, cough once, knock thrice and burp...

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could report it here

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/455064?tstart=0

or if there is a problem needing more immediate attenion you could send a pm to adobe-admin

http://forums.adobe.com/people/adobe-admin

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than seeking to report the people; Perhaps it would be better to refrain from your own sociopathic  responses/messages. Being that  it seems to be you as the only one receiving them (or at least complaining about them); one would think you would realize that just perhaps the problem resides with yourself. Of course introspection doesn't seem to be one of your character traits.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with an answer like that SDA must be the one sending them.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

with an answer like that SDA must be the one sending them.

Methinks, thou art trying to shift the finger of suspicion???

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely not. But is anyone really surprised that Ramon gets them ?!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

with an answer like that SDA must be the one sending them.

As a matter of fact, he was, back in April.    But he stopped.  (I don't think I'll unplonk him just for this, not yet, anyhow.)

The current instances come from an anonymous individual going by "ray hansen" with next to no posting record and no history of being involved in any thread I can recall.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Rather than seeking to report the people; Perhaps it would be better to refrain from your own sociopathic  responses/messages. Being that  it seems to be you as the only one receiving them (or at least complaining about them); one would think you would realize that just perhaps the problem resides with yourself. Of course introspection doesn't seem to be one of your character traits.

Of course you are using your vast experience as such a forum participant to form your opinions. Do you have any supporting precedents to back up your claim(s) ?

As I suspected; you were stating something as fact with nothing to back it up ! I'm surprised that one supposedly an expert on Ramon's posting habits, doesn't research a subject before stating one as an authority on such subject.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/460945?start=50&tstart=0

lol

(apologies for grammatical errors, had to keep it for effect)

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you ?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you ?

As usual a lot of rhetoric with little to no substance. First of all I asked for precedents not tangential blathering designed to impress us how intelligent you believe you are.

Just trying to refresh your memory a bit.  If you're going to state something as fact you'd better post some proof too, right? Otherwise forum truth police will come and get you with more ad hominems!  "You're an idiot! You have no idea what you're talking about! As usual you can't back up your claims at all!" etc.  But nobody really cares about what you think.  We can also read and will decide how correct someone's information is for ourselves without worthless insults being directed at people, thanks.

Actually, all you ever seem to do is attack other people here.

Stop?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And all you do is repeat ad nauseum how bad the forums are.

Unlike others here, you don't seem to spend any time in any product forums offering any help to others what-so-ever. Personally I don't understand why you're even here -- This isn't really a social networking site. You also don't seem to understand how when an individual makes a statement; the onus is on them to provide the facts backing up their statements -- Especially more so when they state an opinion as fact. The subtlety of that seems to have escaped you in the recent Ramon thread. That is what I was referring to as "not the sharpest knife in the drawer".

You refer to a thread in a feeble attempt to make some kinda of point; when you yourself didn't even understand the context of what you were reading. Stupid is as stupid does ... I'll glady ignore you from now on; if you'd just stop being so childish, obtuse and ignorant. Somehow I just don't think you're capabable of that.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

And all you do is repeat ad nauseum how bad the forums are.

For the most part yeah, guess so. Which is pretty much 50%+ of the other posts here, your point being?

Since you're bizzarely concerned about how I spend my time here outside of this forum, most of it is now reading.  Not that it's any of your business... I've assisted people plenty before but not much since they jived the forums up.

I understood what you were trying to say. My main 'point' was that you hypocritically think you can make personal accusations of someone (in this thread above) being a sociopath without any sort of evidence or backing whatsoever and you see no problem with that, yet if others state a (much less offensive) opinion without full character references and footnotes you flip out on them and call them names.  There's a correct way to call a statement someone makes into question when you think it's wrong, without being insulting or condescending, and there's the a-hole way--you prefer the latter.

The other point was that you only seem to attack people on this forum.  Since this is not a Social Flaming Network, could you stop that?  There's a difference between goofing off like 90% of the other people here and launching personal attacks towards others.  Didn't your momma teach you some manners when you were little?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude, are you talkin smack about steve's momma?!!

<head shake, snap snap snap>oh no you di'int!</head shake, snap snap snap>

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lollllllll

(Was it really smack? It was a serious question!!!! )

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've learned it's never wise to bring someone's momma into a dispute.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be fair, I was driven to extreme measures!!    No really I'm just tired of seeing people toss around personal insults around here, it's ignorant, rude, and nasty and I think it should stop. Is that really so much to ask?  (Not saying you're one of the ones doing it, they know who they are. )

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Be fair, I was driven to extreme measures!!    No really I'm just tired of seeing people toss around personal insults around here, it's ignorant, rude, and nasty and I think it should stop. Is that really so much to ask?  (Not saying you're one of the ones doing it, they know who they are. )

yo momma!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<just kidding>

(really!)

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I'm used to you by now. lol

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ansury wrote:

I know, I'm used to you by now. lol

damn.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines