• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who Am I Today?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, around the maintenance stoppage and slowdowns, all the rest was fine this morning.

Now, I have become someone else. I only have 4 posts now, instead of the 12,500 that I had this morning. I have lost my salamis and also 6,500 points. My avatar is gone, my screen name is gone - regardless of what my Profile says, and my e-mail address, while valid, has changed in my Profile.

Man am I confused. I don't even know who I am anymore.

I guess that it's time to contact Adobe and try to get all accounts consolidated - again. It worked last time, but who knows what it will take this time around.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as we know, you're not the real hunt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

as far as we know, you're not the real hunt!

Dang Dave, when I woke up this AM, I thought I was, but who knows? I did have an extra glass of Zinfandel last night - maybe that was it?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they take your dog too?

Maybe this botch up has to do with the jive 2.5.16 update that is showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Maybe this botch up has to do with the jive 2.5.16 update that is showing.

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that. Now, that's a big leap: from 2.5.7 all the way to 2.5.16!!!

I wonder if we will catch up before the end of the century.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, she's still here by my side, and my wife even called twice and seemed to recognize my voice.

I was finally able to Log-out from the Adobe.com site (like Claudio, I was missing any Log-out), and after a half-dozen tries, got Logged-in as the_wine_snob. However, mid-session, things slowed a bit, and then I flipped back to that other screen-name with few posts! There was no Logging-Out/In, and it was the same session!

I deleted all cookies, cleaned the cache, plus all Temp Internet files, and if I go to the Adobe.com (not the links in my Bookmarked links, or via the direct URL to the fora), and Log-in, then navigate to the fora, I can be me, at least for a bit.

Only problem is that now all of my registered Adobe program info is gone. I've filed a case for that, and hope that something comes of it. I'd hate to type in about 24 S/N's agian!

I'm also noticing all sorts of odd behaviors with the maintained forum, but more on that later.

Thank you for your concern.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to check my registration info. Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me know if yours disappeared, or maybe moved to some other location. So far, no comment from Adobe on my Case, but they do probably have a lot of work right now. If nothing happens by next week, I'll make a call - so long as I do it before Wednesday.

What I do find odd is that in both of my accounts: my original and the pseudo-on that Adobe created for me with the really odd e-mail address, PrElements showed in both. It was the last purchase, and was from the Adobe Store, but most of the rest came from the Adobe Store too. Now, some like PS, PageMaker, AI, Streamline, etc. were from a time long before there was an Adobe Store - long before there was an Internet.

Good luck, and I will update the thread on the registrations, when I get to the bottom of what happened to me. For grins, I went to register one of my previously registered programs and was told that the S/N was invalid, as it was in use. I think that is a good sign... ?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you take a look around, you'll see you are not the only one, and might even begin to understand what happened to you last night... For example, in here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/525983?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt, just in case this information is too hidden in the link I gave you: the problems you report will disappear next time you log into the forums. If you are in a hurry, JC has added a temporary logout button at the main page of these forums. It works like a charm; as you can see, I am my own self again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until 2.5.17 hits the streets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

See you got the avatar back!

I had managed to navigate and launch/relaunch and got back for a while. Lost that, and got flipped, but have been logged in as me for over an hour now.

Thank you, and I'll keep that "Log-Out" button handy, though secret. "Ricky don't loose that number... "

Now, if I could just find all of my Adobe programs. At least PrPro, PS, AI, etc. all work and are still Activated. It could be worse.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you take a look around, you'll see you are not the only one, and might even begin to understand what happened to you last night...

Claudio,

I not only saw it, but I responded to it - just cannot recall who I was, when I did????

We are obviously not alone. I was getting very paranoid, thinking that I had been singled out. What had I done? Heck, I get accused of being an "Adobe apologist" on some fora!!!!

Hunt - the real one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines