• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who is removing posts from threads in the PS forum? And why?

Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has been "sanitized" by someone for unknown reasons: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1970440

I had a post in that thread that said basically the same as the one marked "correct". And it's just been wiped out, along with several other posts.

There was nothing offensive in there, so that's not it. What's going on? And more importantly, why?

This is the second time I see it in only a few weeks. Is censorship becoming official policy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Well, now it's confirmed. These posts were arbitrarily removed by staff/mod. Not because of anything offensive, they were just the "wrong answer".

So make sure you get it right, guys.

I'm out of here. This place suddenly feels distinctly unfriendly.

Oh, wait - I'll mark this as correct answer on the way out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now it's confirmed. These posts were arbitrarily removed by staff/mod. Not because of anything offensive, they were just the "wrong answer".

So make sure you get it right, guys.

I'm out of here. This place suddenly feels distinctly unfriendly.

Oh, wait - I'll mark this as correct answer on the way out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posts are never and should not be removed just because somebody thought they were "wrong answers".  Corrections should be posted and that is all Mods and Staff should be doing.

I don't know anything about your particualr case so I can't comment about it but I would be surprised if posts are removed for being incorrect.  What is correct to one person may not necessarily be correct to another and it is all about opinions; So all answers should be allowed to remain on the forums IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edited by OldBob as my previous reply (and concern) was , it turns out, outdated.

This all seems to have been cleared up in this thread:

Discussion on forum practices Re: Is there truth to this?

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Peace has returned to Middle Earth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it. I've learned a lot from you (and so many others) in my time here.

-- OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines