• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are Adobe forums being shared?

Explorer ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll admit I'm old fashioned and don't use or trust social networks much, but do we really need our requests for help with Adobe products being so easily shared with all of these companies? (Listed below, copied from the share module on the left of the content list) Is Adobe getting kickbacks from them or something? This seems to have no real benefit to the users of the help forums. If someone really wants to share a post, can't they just copy the url like we did in the good ole days before fbook? I don't remember anything in the privacy policy about my posts appearing on facebook and every other frickin social network on the planet.

These forums should allow knowledgeable people to be able to easily find our questions AND be able to easily reply to them so we can get on with our work.

Lose the stupid social and share crap already and focus on a forum that works properly.

[links removed by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

My guess is that the "Sharing" is with people who ask a similar question

or have the same problem/issues as OP and perhaps sharing the problem is

halving the problem!! Also you might want to share with a friend or

colleague and in this case you need to provide an email so that Adobe

can do the hard work for you and bombard him, or her with some marketing

emails. VERY USEFUL.

Just a guess here

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that the "Sharing" is with people who ask a similar question

or have the same problem/issues as OP and perhaps sharing the problem is

halving the problem!! Also you might want to share with a friend or

colleague and in this case you need to provide an email so that Adobe

can do the hard work for you and bombard him, or her with some marketing

emails. VERY USEFUL.

Just a guess here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough!

btw, the links removed by the moderator listed about 300 companies, which is funny that they removed them as I just copied them from the module next to a post here. I didn't really care about the links it was the names of all those companies I wanted posted.

Also I didn't know we couldn't post links here anymore. How do we direct someone to another post or article now? nm, I guess I should ask that somewhere else.

Back to the sharing, I just thought that 300 other sites seemed like a huge amount of places for these discussions to be bouncing around. As I don't have the time to monitor all those 300 sites I hope that if someone offers helpful answers on one of them they at least have the courtesy to return here to share it with the OP. Although the likelihood of everyone on those 300 sites also having Adobe IDs is kinda slim.

Sucks to think that someone could answer it on Twitter and people here would never know. Although I guess if someone just shared the url with a colleague and they answered them directly we could be left in the dark as well. Ugggh. Perhaps I'm just annoyed at the change, and am just being paranoid about 300 social sites that I don't use or understand. Sorry for griping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deon,

Also I didn't know we couldn't post links here anymore.

We can, and many of us do; I quite frequently (a number of times every day), sometimes referring to Adobe pages, or to threads.

I am convinced that the case here must have been a specific conscious decision by a moderator (many Most Vehemently Punished such as I are just old natives).

Actually, I think it could be relevant to know which companies you were referring to, to maybe understand some of the reasons and implications of the latest forum change.

For a long time, all threads have quickly turned up in Google, but that happens all by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I'm guessing probably to many links and they didn't want to check them all out as being safe or something. Okay I get that. But maybe just strip the anchor tag and leave the text next time? Kinda lost my entire point without them.

I know the posts show up on google, I use that resource to find answers and have no problem with that, but I've never even heard of 1/4 of these so called social sites. One of my concerns is that if someone answers a tough question that started here at one of those sites then we could be left for weeks, months, etc. without an answer to something we are following here, unless of course you also follow that particular site.

The share module is up right of the first post. Click the more link to see them all. I've copied those 300 companies/links again and will try to paste again as plain text. Sorry they were all bunched together, I separated a few and stopped cause it's taking so long. But this gives you an idea of what i mean. To be fair not all are companies, i.e. print, mail, etc. It just seems like a fad to add these social plugins to sites and I don't get it. I hope it wont hurt the function of the forum just so fbook and twitter gets more hits.

Here they are;

Facebook, Titter, Email, Print, Gmail, Stumble, Upon, Favorites, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google, Email, App, LinkedIn, Blogger, DeliciousY!, Mail, Outlook, PrintFriendly, AOL, MailLive, Journal, WordPress, FriendFeed, 100zakladok, 2linkme2,  Tag, A97abi, Adfty, Adifni, ADV, QR, Lifestream, Amazon, Amen,  Me!APSenseArtoAzadegiBaangBaiduBallTribeBeat100BiggerPocketsBit.lyBizSugarBland takkinnBlinklistBloggyBlogkeenBlogmarksBlurpaliciousBobrdobrBonzoBoxBookmarky.czBookmerkenBoxBrainifyBryderi.seBuddyMarksBufferBuzzzyCamyooCare2ChimeChiqCiripCiteULikeClassicalPlaceCleanPrintCleanSaveCndigColivia.deCOSMiQCSS BasedCurate.usDigaCulturaDiggDiggitaDigoDiigoWhois LookupDoMelhor.netShoutoutDoubanDraugiem.lvDropjackDuduDzoneEFactoreKudoselefanta.plEmbarkonsEvernoteextraplayEzySpotFabulously40FarkFarkindaFashiolistaFAVableFavesfavlogFavoritenFavoritusFinancial JuiceFlakerFolkdCherry ShareFormspringFresquifunPfwispGabbrGamekickerGGGiftery.meGigBasketGiveALinkHealthimizeGood NoowsGoogle+TranslateGo.vnGreaterDebaterHacker NewsHatenaHedgehogshistoriousHotklixHootsuiteIdenti.caihavegotIndexorInformazioneInstapaperiOrbixIRepeateriSocietyiWiWJamespotJappy TickerJollyJumptagsKaboodleKaevurKaixin RepasteKetnooiKindle ItKledyKommentingLa tafaneraLibrerioLiDAR OnlineCopy LinkLinks GutterLinkSharesLinkuj.czMessengerLockerBloggerLogger24mar.gar.inMarkmeMashantMashbordme2daymeinVZMekusharimMemonicMemori.ruMendeleyMenéameMister WongMiximyVidsterMoemesto.ruMoikrugmRcNEtwORKMail.ruMyspaceN4GNasza-klasaNetLogNetvibesNetvouzNewsMeBackNewsTrustNewsvineNujijOdnoklassnikiOKNOtizieOpenTheDoorOrkutOyylaPackgPafnetPDFmyURLPDF OnlinePhoneFavsPlanypusPlaxoPlurkPocketPosteezyPushaQRF.inQRSrc.comQuantcastQzoneWrite Your RepRedditRediff MyPageRedKumResearchGateSafelinkingScoop.atScoop.itSekomanSelect2GetherWebMoneyShavehShe Told MeSina WeiboSkyrock BlogSMIBookmarkingNetSodaHeadSonicoSpinSnapspringpadStartaidStartlapStoryFollowerstudiVZStuffpitStumpediaFabDesignSuliaSunlizeSUP BROSurfingbirdSvejoSymbalooTaazaShareTagzaTaringa!CommunicateTextmeThe FancyFreeDictionaryThe Web BlendThinkfinityThisNextThrill OnThrowpileto.lyTopSitelerTransferrTuentiTulinqTvinxTwitThisTypepadUpnews.itUrlaubswerkWaneloWishMindrViadeoVirbVisitezMonSiteVKontaktevKruguDruzeiVOX SocialVybraliSMEHTML ValidatorWebnewsWebShareWerKenntWenWireFanWindows GadgetWowBoredWykopXangaXINGY! BookmarksYammerYardbarkerYiggSpreadlyYookosYoolinkYorumcuyumYouMobYuubyZakladok.netZicZacZingMe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - I see them now, I didn't realise there were more beyond those whose icons show. but if (big if) this is like other social sites, then things are only shared with those services if you click them. i.e it is usually an opt-in on a case by case basis.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neale, your disclaimer says:
If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Unfortunately for the mere mortal members of these forums (=not the admins) giving 5 points by clicking "helpful" is no option anymore.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe, noted.

Cheers,

--

Neale (a mere mortal as well)

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct () accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DeonOj wrote:

copied from the share module on the left of the content list)

I don't know what you are referring to - possibly I just don't see it if it is blocked by the Ad Block browser plug-in. What and where is the 'Share module'?

Cheers,

--

Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The S in SBS is "Social", so the sharing features are very wide-ranging. Jive basically lists every possible thing you might want to do, but it's up to you if you bother. There's no question about privacy or T&Cs though - public areas of the site are indexed by search engines and visible to world+dog; always have been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

The S in SBS is "Social",

We do not want to know what BS stand(s) for, do we?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you already know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always enjoy your many exquisite posts, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could mean what comes out of the south end of a North Facing Bovine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines