• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are you banning all these people?

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what is going on over here. These are long time people. Who are you that is doing this? It can't be the Adobe I know and love.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 125 Replies 125
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> If you have an issue, it needs to be stated

You have got to be kidding. That is all people have done for months now.

> As far as I'm aware, the people that run the forums are actual Adobe employees. Aren't employees part of the community?

No! Not at all. Part of the community are the designers, photographers, pre-press people or whatever who USE this software. Not the people that Adobe decided to hire to come run this thing. The kind of "community expert" I am accustomed to enjoying are the kind we had on the Mac Photoshop forum. He was a real member of the community. He used the software and knew more than a little bit about it. I am talking about the people who are in business using this thing.

So when you say "community expert". Expert at what? Why didn't Adobe ask some of the people who were already part of the particular community to participate in the "change".

No, sorry. I cannot hear you either. Your entire post is what everyone has a problem with. You couldn't possibly see it because you are polarized with your point of view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I thought I was banned already. I can't edit my posts.

I can edit this one but not my previous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy- wrote:

Wow. I thought I was banned already. I can't edit my posts.

You can't edit once a reply exists Cindy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh..ok. Thanks John. Looks like they let you back in. Not sure why you would want to be here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't edit once a reply exists Cindy.

Not always the case. Another Jive issue. I can go to the lounge and randomly some of my old posts can still be edited once someone has replied and others cannot. No rhyme or reason.

See the 3 pics from my above posts in this thread:

Picture 3.png

Picture 2.pngPicture 1.png

Notice how the last post in the pics I cannot edit, but my post I made right above that one still gives me the option to edit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

Not always the case. Another Jive issue. I can go to the lounge and randomly some of my old posts can still be edited once someone has replied and others cannot. No rhyme or reason.

Yeah, to paraphrase Jacob, the Matrix occassionally ruptures...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't edit that post because RoboWizard replied to it as you can see here

35. Nov 6, 2009 10:47 AM  in response to: Ozzwoman9

If you click on that blue arrow it will take you to the post that you can't edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AH! Okay that somewhat makes sense.

Now see, if questions like this were answered correctly like this one then this place would be much happier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome back John! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see some questioning about the Community Experts. The title came out of nowhere. No one can give a definite answer as to who and how these people are chosen. And while some of you have a lot of knowledge about how things work behind the scenes, there are also some which seemingly have no people skills and should only be allowed to work behind the scenes and not in moderation.

I do agree that someone needs to step in and handle the outrage correctly. And by correctly that means, telling people what they have done wrong, why posts have been deleted, etc. Not just ticking people off by banning them without warning.

It also adds to the frustration when all these Employees seem to step in and take control out of nowhere all the sudden. No introduction or anything. And then have the nerve to post this link stating that problems are in fact being worked on:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433723?tstart=0

And I have asked several times how we can take this seriously when all the dates are totally out of whack on that thread and yet no one seems to care.

OP was: Nov 4, 2009 6:45PM

Message was edited on: 2009-10-14

2nd post was on: Nov 3, 2009 6:10PM

It would be nice if questions would be answered instead of locked and deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evidently not just us are upset. The Latest BBB report for Adobe is D-. They recomend everyone be careful about doing business with Adobe, until all the problems are cleared up. Its already been reported by some one who has had service complaint. Adobe should have an A++ rating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Evidently not just us are upset. The Latest BBB report for Adobe is D-. They recomend everyone be careful about doing business with Adobe, until all the problems are cleared up. Its already been reported by some one who has had service complaint. Adobe should have an A++ rating.

Wow, you're close enough PJ - (I'm seeing a straight D), but that's still bad enough.  I'm shocked - Oracle and Microsoft are accredited and A+!  What's going on here?

On a side note, Jive Software doesn't even seem to be listed, not sure what that means but it's probably bad.  lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's even worse in San Franscisco, an F (click here)

edit:  just giving a nod to my friend who pointed it out to me.  the friend knows who they are! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch.

greenjumpyone wrote:

it's even worse in San Franscisco, an F (click here)

edit:  just giving a nod to my friend who pointed it out to me.  the friend knows who they are!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect Jive isn't listed because they don't sell to General Public they sell to other companies. As for the - I guess they may have done something to improve the rating to D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, they might have improved the D- in one location, but made it worse with the   F   in the other location.  😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record the D rating was based on 2 whole reviews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure if you went city by city the reviews should vary. But  its bad PR to have anything lower than a C rating in any city.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like having a $50,000,000 diamond and stating the whole thing should simply be discarded because one of the many facets just isn't quite as shiny as all the others.

no. it's more like having a big expensive piece of pooh. no matter how much you got suckered into paying for it, it's still pooh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is rather unfortunate there is such a delay between people being reported and people being warned and / or banned. I have recommended a number of people for formal warnings from Adobe. Since John Joslin appears to be the poster-child of 'wrong-doing', let me explain the particular circumstances around my recommendation he being warned.

In http://forums.adobe.com/message/2286160#2286160 I ask people to get a thread back on topic. In http://forums.adobe.com/message/2311941#2311941 (plus or minus a few messages) we have a discussion around the circumstances of that request and all is well. But then, while people are trying to have an intelligent conversation about the reasons for the speed issues and the problems (and possible help) in debugging it, out of nowhere comes http://forums.adobe.com/message/2315000#2315000. So we have an individual who clearly knows that what he is doing is making it harder for the people who are trying to fix things, but does it anyway. Is that constructive?

So yes, I asked Adobe to warn him (and quite a few other people who kept posting nonsense in the "Slow..." thread thereby obstructing the process of getting the information we need to fix things). And (speculation) if Adobe chooses to ban him for a day, that seems like a reasonable way to get his attention when the regular warning process can not be followed due to an incorrect email address.

As for Buko: he was warned in http://forums.adobe.com/message/2304410#2304410 and a second time very explicitly in http://forums.adobe.com/message/2307292#2307292. At that time, when asked, I recommended Adobe not to ban him and leave it at a warning, but he chose to ignore the warnings. Very unfortunate it took so long to effectuate, but very much not a mistake.

I really don't understand why people would want to claim Kath-H being "level-headed and sensible" and never posting out of line. Here we have somebody who when a moderator removes 2 expletives out of a 300 word message will immediately repost said to words. Multiple times. (I will just take it as a compliment to the moderators that apparently nobody sees those posts because they are dealt with so efficiently that nobody ever sees a bad message from her. You're welcome.) And as for things that are still visible, who starts threads like http://forums.adobe.com/message/2235805#2235805 Very unfortunate it took so long to effectuate, but very much not a mistake.

If anything, the actions of the Adobe Community Help team are overdue. Everybody who is still banned is banned due to a history of abusive posts and complaints. I think I have covered everybody who was mentioned in this and the previous thread. If you mis somebody, use the search. And if you can't find the evidence, I take that as a compliment and you should ask somebody who keeps an archive of the email notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2315000#2315000

was out of line...just another way to post that things are going slow yet again.

And yes, this one does seem like a personal attack:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2235805#2235805

However, that was months ago and I have seen some improvement on your moderation since then.

With the exception of this week of course, but I cannot comment personally on whether or not that was your doing or someone elses and I did not see the posts that were in question and do not know who deleted/banned them.

I can say that I have had some posts removed and do not know why they were removed. If I said something inappropriate it would be nice to know. I would be ticked if you deleted my posts and then come in a week from now and ban me stating that the reason was for some posts that I had made that were deleted.

Granted I may have posted something someone did not like yesterday. But I would have appreciated it if the part of the post about how to contact me via Facebook would have been left up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2235805#2235805

Which? Kath and talking about brooms or Ansury with the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see why Jochem would take offense to that particular thread, personally I would be ticked if I were in his shoes on that one.

The whole thing does single him out which is kind of against the rules

But, I do find it odd that he did not lock that thread, and yet he has locked others that were milder than that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote on 11/6/2009 7:33 PM:

However, that was months ago

Updates are not the only things taking months.

I would be ticked if you deleted my posts and then come in a week from now and ban me stating that the reason was for some posts that I had made that were deleted.

Deletion and a ban a week later could happen. Moderation through the

report abuse button is usually pretty swift because there is usually

somebody online somewhere, but it can take some time to get a hold of

people at Adobe since they are all in North America. We had some issues

with that over Labour Day and during the week Adobe was closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, i hate to say it, but you have totally lost the plot. I have looked at all those threads and there's absolutely nothing offensive there...

To start with...

This post:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2286160#2286160 was in reply to Jhabrix... How you expect that to be a warning to JJ is beyond me. Then he posts an image of a snail!? When we're talking about speed?! And you object to that???

I don't want to go... but seriously, you have major issues... just chill and stay out of all this... Moderation is not your cup of tea.

And, if you're going to ban me for speaking the truth, then so be it.

ShunithD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines