• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to log in every time I come here / How do I get my old name back?

Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original name was:  Ken Nielsen

I've had to change it over to Saskatchewanobie to be able to log in. The system did not allow me (error) to sign in under my old name.

An answer to the two thread topic title questions will get me to a place where I can start exploring these forums.

Thank You,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Ken its not worth it. This Jived Up forum is really wearing me down. I popped in about 6 times today and had to login every time. By the time I'm logged in I get a chance to look at 3 questions and answer one. Then its back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2009 Jun 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lots of reading"

I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought we had you straightened out ken? didn't you and i work to get your id's linked (pre-forum switch) and get you logged back in as ken? going to bed now, but if there's anything i can do to help tomorrow am, just let me know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2009 Jun 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Dave,

We did get it straightened out and I thank you for that. But that was before the forum switch. When the forum switch came everything went out the window. It is amazing that I even got back on. I remember going through days of jumping through hoops to try to sign on. I finally wound up where I am now, able to get on with a moniker no one else has, but unable to change my name without reading the library of congress or getting help from Dave.

If you can fix this it will be great.

One more question: Can you still post bookmarks and go back to message center to we which posts you are trying to follow? That would be great too. It's easy to lose where you are from a previous day without that.

Thanks,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since you dutifully linked your id's i'd think it should be easy for john to check out and see what the story is... if he doesn't check in today, i'll mail you when i get home tonight (about 7 hours from this post) and if you want, we can see if it's something i can figure out for you.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be above and beyond the call.

Much appreciation.

Also, just finding my way back to this thread is iffy business, so if there is a way to bookmark threads, that would help in being able to conduct cohesive exchanges on these forums.

Thanks,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken its not worth it. This Jived Up forum is really wearing me down. I popped in about 6 times today and had to login every time. By the time I'm logged in I get a chance to look at 3 questions and answer one. Then its back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

…By the time I'm logged in I get a chance to look at 3 questions and answer one. Then its back to work.

Similar experience here.  

Nothing else to add, everything has been said already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do need to point out that more than one poster I've helped recently have contacted me privately through my email address on my profile rather than struggling to leave a public thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm still logged in from last night, even after a browser resta the rt. i'm afraid to log out because that will apparently trigger the "mutlitple personallity bug" and i'm afraid to post more than a sentence or 2 for fear of losing it by getting logged out in the middle of a post... arrgh! limbo! (saving this before posting!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was a long-time forum user under my old login; things worked just fine for years and years.... needless to say, like the OP and others, when we transitioned to the new forums, I was (predictably) unable to log in using my original ID, and now I'm "wondabyne" (don't ask). And I have to log in every few hours, which rather bugs me.

I know I'm not particularly unusual in my experiences, and these bugs aren't too catastrophic, but the whole thing's been demoralising, to put it mildly. I used to visit the forums daily; I now think about visiting every few days; soon it's likely to be maybe once a week. We shall see.

That's progress for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give Buko the 'correct answer' click. At least that's worth points toward that new 600mm lens he (i) wanted.

I'm hard to convince, but I'm ready to admit that these forums are toast. It takes more effort just to log in and find my way to this thread, by that time I don't have any energy left to converse with others or look at other parts of this forum (Do they still exist?)

It's a sad day in mudville. At least the economy is doing better than these forums are.

I miss everybody but don't know where they are to say goodbye.

Thanks for popping in Ramon and Buko. Thanks for the try to help Dave. Now we know what it's like to be hit by a Tsunami.

Long Live Graphics, Imagery, Imagination and Freedom of Expression,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ken shoot me an email we call still go get that Micro brew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yoo Hoo, Keep Portland Weird.

I'll do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had to log in 3 times today. and it's not even 10:30...

ken shoot me an email if you want to try to get your  old id working.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmm... i generally stay logged in for 24 hrs (give or take a few as i don't keep a clock check). On Sundays (weekends) it may be longer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i generally stay logged in for 24 hrs"

You sir, are royalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird for me. I can log in at work, go home log in from there, come back to work in the morning and still be logged in. I'll search for a bit and suddenly *bam* I'm logged out.

I have also had a few occasions where I have logged in at home, went back later and was logged out (did not log in), go back later again (without relogging in) and be logged back in again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 times for me today in about what was it... 15 hours-... ish...

ken my addy is aikodude at yahoo dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey! whatch who you're callin a gentleman!!!

i'll look when i get home tonight ken!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't forget to include "6,167,495 posts since August 8, 1932" -  just so we keep the facts straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi DAve,

I would send you an e-mail but your link goes to a facebook page with no e-mail address.

First, I need to locate your e-mail address.

My goal is to have my original ID restored here in time for the 2010 return of the old forums celebration.

Thanks,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once for today... new machine, i'm in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines