• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the forum automatically mark the "correct answer" now?

Contributor ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the forum automatically mark the correct answer now?

The two posts in the following links had automatically marked the correct answers, but I'm sure I didn't do so. Of course, I found out later and cancelled the marking. Is my account password stolen? But I can't believe it's true, because I always think the security measures of this forum are very good. At least it has new device login verification. Whether the "AI" smart function is added to the forum now? When the "AI" thinks "correct", it will be automatically marked....

Re: How to change the interface display language? - Adobe Support Community - 12930591

Betreff: Which attribute defines the transparency ... - Adobe Support Community - 12926830

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Hi Raymond! Correct Answers do not get automatically selected. Both our employees and our Adobe Community Professionals can mark answers as correct.
As a general recommendation, if an OP has not marked the correct answer in a post and has not followed up with a reply in 48h, any of those users can mark it if they believe they will solve the issue for the OP and other users.
Obviously, an OP always can unmark and mark any answer as correct from their own thread at any time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond! Correct Answers do not get automatically selected. Both our employees and our Adobe Community Professionals can mark answers as correct.
As a general recommendation, if an OP has not marked the correct answer in a post and has not followed up with a reply in 48h, any of those users can mark it if they believe they will solve the issue for the OP and other users.
Obviously, an OP always can unmark and mark any answer as correct from their own thread at any time 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can a community professional mark his/her own answer as correct? Is a "community expert" the same as a "professional"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

community professionals had a name change to community expert about 2 years ago.  so, yes they are the same.

and yes, we can mark our own answers as correct, though i don't think i've ever seen one of us do that.  i see adobe employees mark their own answers as correct sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A correct answer is still a correct answer.  It doesn't matter who marks it that way -- employee, moderator or original poster.  It may not be the answer you were hoping for but it's still a correct answer.   Correct answers help future forum users who may have the same question.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right! I'm just curious about why it's automatically marked. Now I understand, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Raymond ZJH 

If you are the OP and the answer has been erroneously marked correct, you can unmark it or you can ask a moderator to unmark it for you. Silva has correctly said we should wait 48 hours, but in real life I sometimes see them marked within minutes or even seconds.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see. Thank you for your explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines