• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my name 'LOsvSk' sound like lovesick....

Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K I got some screen caps of what appears to be a bug that keeps trolling me....

Picture 3.png

notice where it welcomes me, I cant see the profile pic, and where my name is there's an extention, this was taken Monday... my profile pic is not available, I logged out and in, cleared cookies, etc. What do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

I know this is cold comfort, but unfortunately you are not alone

. Here is a link with official guidance on ho

w to help in solving gthe problem

:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/613050?tstart=0

You may also want to check some of the previous discussions on the subject.

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is cold comfort, but unfortunately you are not alone

. Here is a link with official guidance on ho

w to help in solving gthe problem

:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/613050?tstart=0

You may also want to check some of the previous discussions on the subject.

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys.. now on to a new problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jayson,

Good luck with your quest for a stable identity. I have had similar, and things usually settle out. Not sure what happens, or why, but so long as it ends well, I roll with the punches.

Every now and then, I seem to acquire an identity with random characters attached to my log-in, or my screen name. Again, things usually sort themselves out, and the inconveniences abate - usually with another log-in, or a day.

Good luck, and see you in the PrPro forum!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only time the random chars and hte double identity bug hits me is when i try to see if they've fixed the  "remember me" checkbox on the log in page. fool me once, shame on me. fool me four or five times... grrrrr... 😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2010 Oct 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I quit trying that, as it ALWAYS led to issues, and with several browsers.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2010 Oct 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and i still have to log in several times a day. ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2010 Oct 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I told you here

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3184023#3184023

that I had tried unsuccessfully dozens of times the reccommended procedure to change my non-email-address Adobe ID to an email address. And then, magically, when I tried once more, I managed to change my ID to an email address, and at the same time I had my login problem solved. Have you tried one more time, just in case you get hit by the same stray neutrino that went through my computer that once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2010 Oct 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no thanks. i'm through trying. if it doesn't "work" on its own, it's not up to me to go mucking around to try to fix it. it's not rocket science. i've implemented a dozen sign on systems myself for my company, and every yahoo (no pun intended) on the web seems to be able to make it work. it sure doesn't look professional.

thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a bunch of problems with Adobe's site (including having to constantly login). I dumped all my Adobe cookies and all my problems went away.

Try that, and see if it solves your login issues.

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave no, just trashing all cookies as Harbs suggests doesn't work when your ID is not an email address.

I agree with you in thinking that it's not up to the users of any site to look for, and use, workarounds to make it work properly. If I had any voice at Adobe, I would certainly make it very clear that this particular site is disgraceful for the company's image. As I am just a mere user whose opinions are very often shunned by people with very low authority -if any- in the company, I have learned to try to live with the site as it is because I still have some hope that we may be able to get some improvements. I do refuse to use most of the workarounds for the many obvious bugs of the site, but I was willing to try every now and then to solve my ID/login problem, because this is a different kind of problem that, at the time I posted my reports, seemed to be affecting only me (and was clearly told that it was therefore unimportant).

Trying once more just for the sake of it did it in my case. If it also does in your case, it would certainly be worth the effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an addition to what Claudio said, if it keeps haunting you or start again, cry help, and you will be rescued.

For now, your name seems to be in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2010 Oct 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's on the fritz again guise.....

logoutloginlogoutloginlogoutquitbrowserloginlogoutclearcookiesquitbrowserlogin doesn't work......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2010 Oct 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even logging in from another computer didn't work.... wth?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines