Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's moving extra extra slow today.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Snail-Chow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't you hear? The snail was upgraded to a mouse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mouse could have done circles around this!

Anyway, it's faster now, I guess the poor little guy got fed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I'm going to go with the Sun Spots theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Userbak610 wrote:

He's moving extra extra slow today.

Actually, he overate and was feeling somnolent... so decided to grab a quick 40 winks. Unfortunately, that's when you stumbled upon him...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A note at the top says this question is 'assumed answered'. I wonder what that means in JiveSpeakâ„¢?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that Adobe just got a shipment of Purina Snail Chow?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mark it answered, cause no one admitted to why they hadn't fed the snail yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it means one of the volunteer moderators has flagged it as having been answered.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's automatic. As soon as there is a post in the thread, "Possibly Answered" shows up.

I guess it IS possible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of sounding cliche...

It's probably just "Jive talkin"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

You have been waiting all day to use that line...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

It's automatic. As soon as there is a post in the thread, "Possibly Answered" shows up.

I guess it IS possible...

<Yoda>Ah! Observant I am!</Yoda>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snail-Chow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I needed that this AM!!!!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2010 Nov 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

60+ seconds to get in. And when "Done", I got this:

Sin título.jpg

Apparently, back to normal now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is normal with this Forum setup.

I belive they are in need of a brand new server farm  this one acts like it was put on line in 1995.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Normal" m

eaning "average."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2010 Dec 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took nearly 60 seconds for anything (entering the forums, opening a message, ...) for several minutes, seems back to "normal" now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2010 Dec 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Took nearly 60 seconds for anything (entering the forums, opening a message, ...) for several minutes, seems back to "normal" now.

Exactly the same situation just now, only that this time I gave up after two minutes of waiting for this thread to open. The message was "waiting for forums.adobe.com". Back to "normal" now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time ingressing in the forums today. 20 seconds for the main page to load ("normal" is around 5 seconds).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Things have been going pretty well for me, in the US, MST. Have not had any noticeable glitches, or slowdowns.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, is this an example of what in English is called "cold comfort"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

It probably is.

This AM (Dec. 22, 2010) about 9:00AM PST, I did have a big slowdown, and on most of my regular product fora. It seemed that all refresh and display operations were really getting slower by the page. Suddenly, I got logged-out (this often signals that the forum will be going down). Logged back in, and things are now back to "normal speed." Just a slowdown and a log-out.

Why? I like your response to similar in another thread - "lunar eclipse." Also, not sure of the physical location of the Adobe servers, but the West Coast of the US is being battered by storms, with some major flooding. Don't think it's affecting the San Jose Area, as much as San Diego, but maybe the servers are in a flooded basement in San Diego?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I knew I'd curse myself, by stating that things seem to be going smoothly, and with "normal" response.

December 24, 2010, from about 09:00AM PST (Pacific Standard Time), the forum is really acting up. Slow page loads, and tons of "Server Not Found" errors. I have been logged-out for almost every post - if they go through. Usually, a half-dozen Post Reply will get the job done - finally, but then I have to log back in. As it is Christmas Eve in US Adobe land, I wonder if the snail took the weekend off?

Even with limited traffic in the various product fora, that I frequent, things are S-L-O-W, and accompanied by log-in issues galore.

Maybe things will be fixed in 2011? Should have asked Santa Claus for a speedier forum, when I saw him at Macy's...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines