Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

+1 Jive bug: Jived up page and "next" buttons COMPLETELY broken

Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm on another Adobe forum right now, clicking "Next" (both the top and bottom link), and clicking page "2".  They all do the same thing-- it scrolls to the top of the screen, and STAYS on page 1.

Meanwhile, THIS forum works perfectly fine, both next and page links.

Chrome 2.0.172.33

"Google Chrome is up to date", it says. A simple page link should work.

But even if it wasn't up to date, this inconsistent and seemingly random behavior of JiveJax (Jive's garbage implementation of Ajax) is completely buggy and not production worthy.  Not production worthy, even in a Dunkin Donuts web discussion forum.  Heck, even more irrelevant and useless--not production worthy of being used as forum software for Congress!

So is this a new bug, or has it also been reported 50 times?  Funny that ever since I decided to stop ignoring weird stuff like this (page reloads tend to fix this stuff), posting bug reports instead (perhaps I should just say just posting here instead, since Adobe isn't reading any "reports"), I've noticed the bug count pile even higher than I would have imagined in such a short time.  It's like I just learned to tune out all the weird stuff, hit reload, and move on.  Is this really how it's supposed to be?

Yep, a reload of the page fixed it. Wow..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

then you SHOULD be using firefox!

Dave...

Why should one be using anything in specific...? They should all effing work! Whether IE 5 or 99... FF 1 or 99... Safari 99 or 1... the basic fact remains that these are Public Foruns and should cater to all the browsers – ok... modification, all the popular, at least, browsers. Last count... IE 6 was still the most used browser of all. IE as a brand the most used – obviously – and FF in #2.

So all this crap about this browser and that is just Jive jerking everyone around because they have a product that doesn't work flawlessly with *any* browser.

'nuff said...

Cheers!

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If written to w3c standards its shouldn't make any difference what Browser is used, even any version of IE will accpet it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should one be using anything in specific...? They should all effing work!

well, ya. they SHOULD, but most don't. FF does. consistantly.

So all this crap about this browser and that is just Jive jerking everyone around because they have a product that doesn't work flawlessly with *any* browser.

no argument here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

I'm tired of trying new browsers,

then you SHOULD be using firefox!

1) I'm not a firefox fanboy so I'm not going to use it if I find alternatives better, unlike some who will never switch because it's their new religion

2) I have enough browsers to begin with, and they all work fine on every other site on the Internet, forums especially

3) I just don't like firefox

4) I can't install firefox at work

5) I recall seeing complaints about things being broken in Jiveware for firefoxians too, so I don't see the point

6) If JiveS**t is my main reason for having to install firefox and I do install it, I'll just hate both of them more as a result (I bet you those Jives use FF for development, and test on NOTHING else other than to see if you can post a message in IE. lol)

That's why I shouldn't, so unless you have a longer and better list of reasons why I should, I think I'll stay away.

Come on Dave, do you really want to defend Jiveware like this? This was a joke wasn't it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Dave, do you really want to defend Jiveware like this?

i wasn't aware i was defending jive.

This was a joke wasn't it???

yes. yes it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

yes. yes it was.

Well, a little more captain obvious and a little less jiving around might prevent such misunderstandings! lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

yes. yes it was.

Well, a little more captain obvious and a little less jiving around might prevent such misunderstandings! lol

it IS obvious that firefox is the best browser out there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

it IS obvious that firefox is the best browser out there!

+1 missing/crappy Jive feature: no <rolling eyes> smiley graphic! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 missing/crappy Jive feature: no <rolling eyes> smiley graphic!

http://milbut.org/smilies/davesmileys.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so unless you have a longer and better list of reasons why I should, I think I'll stay away

how about it's at least 50% less evil?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works correct in FF/SM, because they are 98% W3C Standards Compliant and working on the other 2 %. Anything that will work in FF/SM will work in any other browser put out that comples with W3C standards. evn  IE 5.6.7 which have this crazy feature called self-healing . That allows them to accept code with missing tags by send the apropriate opening or closing tags  So that people that didn't know how to properly code in FrontPage would still have sites that works.

No browser should have self-healing feature. So that people writing the code would have to do it right to start with. Another Thing I'm not in favor of is Browser Sniffers.

My bank use browser sniffer in their code for their website. and have it to key on the word Fiirefox instead of on gecko. So in order to use SM I have to alter SM to work I have to type on end of useragent string /not firefox 2.0.

One works just as well as the other. both use identical code , just SM has email and newsreader as well. but engine for gecko is identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree those 'extra' features are terrible, terrible, terrible.

Don't really agree that anything working on FF/SM should work on a 100% compliant browser, but nevermind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no 100% compliant Browser, because the specfcations are always being updated or tweaked. FF/SM coms the closest. IE 8 is supposed to be up their pretty close  But its the obligation  of the site creator to get as close to specifications as possible. If you write code for a site so that it shows properly in FF/SM (Mozilla) then it should work in any browser that follows the same spefications. whether webkit, or Gecko, or any other modern engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used to be Opera, or at least so they claimed, so I'd check up on that fact. Of course some time has passed since I read that, and now it doesn't generate any revenue for Opera Software on the desktop since it's free...

Browser compliance is a boring topic anyway. Get back to bashing Jive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They only Browser you have to pay for on Mac platform is iCab and its just $20.00 for single user License.

Mozilla They don't cost anything other than time to download. How they make any revenue is Google pays or donates so much per hit/use when Google is used in FF/SM. now you can get a free version of iCab but in order to get rid of Nag screnn you pay the fee. OmniWEb is also free now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines