Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it came at two grand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Evidently it did? You have three and your points is 2010. Hmmm? maybe you have to wait to 2010 before you were to get the three cherries

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evidently it did? You have three and your points is 2010. Hmmm? maybe you have to wait to 2010 before you were to get the three cherries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're showing 3 cherries now.  Has your life changed, do you feel validated now that you have 3 red things next to your name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - so do I now all of a sudden!  (Although I still think of it as salami slices.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There it is. Maybe it’s for over 2,000. Anyway, here’s 20 for you all. What-the-F-ever, eh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am envious . I've been posting since about 2003 (actually longer) and I've only got 1065.  At this Rate it will 2020 before I get the third cherry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this page, it still shows you as two...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does this page for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get 3 cherries on a forum you have to earn 2000 points on that forum. 

Your total acuminated points only count for your cherries with your name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel that you are 100% correct in this matter. The Premiere fora just realigned. I had 4 salami/cherries/meatballs in the old main PrPro sub-forum and it split to CS5 (salami retained for that new one) and CS4 and Earlier, where I ended up with 1 salami - not that it matters, but that behavior was observed in the Video Lounge, where I think I have 2 salami.

I tried to redeem my Adobe Points for the CS5 upgrade, but Adobe denied me the use of those points. Tried to upgrade to First Class to London in Oct, and UAL denied me the use of my Adobe points. Maybe I can redeem them for neat Adobe clothing at the outlet store... ?

Hunt

PS - not quite sure why I have 4 salami here though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - not quite sure why I have 4 salami here though?

Because this is the forum of forums so everything counts here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even a extra free serving of bacon at Big Boys? That is so not right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel uneasy

participating in this discussion with my single cherry (although it's true that I seem to be an

expert in answering questions from newcomers who never come back)

, but my question is: do the points and the cherries really matter?

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

do the points and the cherries really matter?

Of course it does not matter to you since you have only one!   You may start to feel differently once you have two or three...

Honestly I have no idea how I amassed that many points in the short time this forum has been up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't mean a thing to me either, especially considering the random way questioners award points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

do the points and the cherries really matter?

Of course it does not matter to you since you have only one!   You may start to feel differently once you have two or three...

Honestly I have no idea how I amassed that many points in the short time this forum has been up...

At the rate I am accumulating points, and considering my age, I will most probably be dead long before reaching the 1,000 mark.

Well, Buko had accumulated 2,065 points when he was banned in November... (I picked him up only because he was the first banned participant I remember that I could locate quickly).

And the reason for my question is that I seem to remember that about a year ago there were many people complaining about the points system and asking for them to be eliminated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

At the rate I am accumulating points, and considering my age, I will most probably be dead long before reaching the 1,000 mark.

Doen't make any difference anways. As long as your helping  people is all that matters. How long you've been on the forums is a Truer indicator of experience anyway.

and besides its a Red box anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip

, thank you for trying to comfort me, but the

at the end of my sentence was meant to indicate clearly that I was joking, although both factors I mentioned are true. Frankly, I couldn't care less about how many points I get. What I do find sad, however, is the large proportion of people who post a question, receive one or more correct answers, and never bother to post a simple "thanks". A sign of the times, no doubt, but I was born and raised in another epoch, in which manners were an important matter.

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I born during that time as well. evn when first started

on computing and internet, if you helped

someone you receive a Thank you.

Nowadays, The internet, is just downright hateful and mean.  I discouraging even to try to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

, but my question is: do the points and the cherries really matter?

Sure do! I just got a free They Might Be Giants CD. I already have it, though, and I think it’s used. It wasn’t shrinkwrapped and there’s a correction to the lyrics in white out and ball point.

I have it on good authority that the reward for the fourth cherry is a VHS tape of Red Scorpion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stinking points system is meaningless to me. The salami, no matter how you slice it, is full of baloney too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it really doesn't matter.  The date you been with the forums is more telling than the points anyway.

The Points awarded are dependent upon the OP marking question as answered. On rare ocassions, on questions I've answered, receiving a thank you for your answer; that was it,  or that helped, response has question be marked for points. They rarely mark questions as helpful or answered.

One thing is the placement of the Fixed or helpful check boxes.

they should show up inside the latest response received.  where the would see them.

It really doesn't matter though as long as I m helpful is all that matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call 'em meatballs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

OK, this is my first post...

Does this "pop my cherry"?  Do I even have one?

Amy

Wow!...   I see I do have one!

(Easy to edit on this forum, too!  I like it!)

Message was edited by: AmyQ83

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the forums, Amy.

You should have seen the fair forums that were before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines