• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A new improvement

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer change the font in my messages from the almost illegible tiny bad copy of Helvetica that someone chose for these forums, to one of the fonts that have been specially designed for screen reading like Verdana. I can make and see the change on screen, but text reverts to Arial on posting.

Safari/Mac; Explorer and Safari on Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're simply trying to teach all the other dead horses a lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, it would seem that at least I managed to stop them beating P

hillip.

And I agree with the other posters: I participate actively in several other (non Adobe related) forums, that must be open to as many or more spammers attacks than these ones, but they manage quite well without mutilating the interface. Also, they do not introduce extra line breaks in one's messages, they do not give people new identities, they ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed the horse, David.

I still miss some friends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on thing that's not improved is the ability to stay logged in.

why must i log in 4 or 5 times a day?

usually the latest firefox on windows.

i use adblock plus and noscript.

if i hit "remember me" it mangles my user name next time i get kicked out and have to log back in.

i'm not going to stop using standard technologies like the 2 plug-ins mentioned so don't bother asking me to. no other sites have issued like this one. none.

i just wish you'd fix the damn problem!

but that's like wishing in one hand and... pooping in the other. see which one fills up first.

thanks for listening.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL - Dave thanks for the chuckle with the comment about wishing in one hand... Made my day.

My dearly departed father used to always say that to me when he heard me say "I wish that..."

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no prob. that's why i get the big bux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, is your Adobe ID your email address, or something

else? I ask because after the change from the fair forums I got stuck with a non email address ID, and both with the impossiblity to change it and the same login problem that is affecting you. Day after day at first, week after week later on, and month after month from then on, I tried the whole battery of suggestions that were posted, but could not change either problem. Until one day in early May, I tried the "standard" recipe once more just for fun and bingo! I managed to change my ID to my email address, and I have stayed logged in as in the old days.

Just in case, I seem to remember that the routine went more or less like this:

1. Log out completely using the link in here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/525685?tstart=0

2. Leave the forums, preferably by going to another site, and delete all Adobe related cookies.

3. Make sure that cookies are allowed to

remain until they expire.

4. Restart your browser or your computer.

5. Get into one of the forums (I use bookmarks for this), and click on the Login button in the upper row next to Welcome Dave.

6. Log in the usual way.

7. Change your Adobe ID (don't worry; if you can change it, you'll be able to change it back) and your password.

8. Check that you are already logged in with your correct identity; you may have to wait for some seconds for this information to appear. If you are not, log in again, now using your new ID and password.

9. Leave the forums, restart your browser, and try to get to the forums again. Hopefully, you should still be logged in. If you are not, sorry, buy you wasted your time, and I wish you better luck next time.

Also, there are some Firefox specific tips in here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/532257?tstart=0

Luck, you need it  -I know.

Random extra line breaks courtesy of the non updated software of the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a non-email address. just a "word", not a "word@domain.com" or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote on 10/4/2010 6:31 PM:

why must i log in 4 or 5 times a day?

i use adblock plus and noscript.

The noscript FAQ states it has problems with complicated authentication

setups and asks people to report it:

"Whatever solution you choose, I'd appreciate you to send me any

line you may find in Tools|Error Console (possibly

anonymizing authentication tokens) for analysis, so I can better tweak

this very new feature. "

http://noscript.net/faq#qa6_5

i just wish you'd fix the damn problem!

When you reported this in the proper place, did the author provide a

timeline for including a fix or default configuration that works for the

Adobe forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and i've been through all that before. all it's gotten me is a mangled id that i feel lucky to have been able to recover from, kindly and thankfully, with john's help. the point i'm making is the whole freakin internet works EXCEPT adobe. i'm done with the cr*p fixes and workarounds. it should "just work".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and of course my ire's not directed at you, claudio. you are always patient, courteous and gracious in your advice and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I understand you more than you think. I have always refused using workarounds to do anything in these forums, and I am refusing even more after one and a half years of this nonsense. I resent the more the kind of workaround that says, for example (of those hideous extra line breaks) "remove them manually". As if all us users were a bunch of morons incapable of noticing that one can remove the extra line breaks manually...

One would think that a company such as Adobe should care enough about us as to not keep for such a long time crippled crap as the software driving these forums. It makes me feel "vergüenza ajena", a concept for which I have found no equivalent in English. It refers to the shame one feels for the wrongs made by others...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And on reading again my last message, it woul

d seem that I am getting fed up of being patient, corteous, and gracious.(A "sad" emoticon was intended to go here, but the software refused to accept it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emoticons.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, my point is that, if we are supposed to use codes for including emoticons, the non working emoticons pulldown menu has nothing to do in the formatting bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

John, my point is that, if we are supposed to use codes for including emoticons, the non working emoticons pulldown menu has nothing to do in the formatting bar.

You are right. I was just trying to provide general help for the frustrated emotickers among us.  

By the same token most of the items in the reply box have nothing to do either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A)

B)

C)

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

As far as I remember, in the days of the fair forums I had to avoid certain list items, such as B) and 8), but they do not seem to work here, contrary to your list, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right; they don't all work, although the inclusion of the optional Hyphen helps sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines