Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the additional serial at the play havoc with threading of subject in news and email readers. Because of the serial numbers at the end, eachsubject which may be 50 or 100 different thread on same subject is triead as a unique subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. It kinda makes reading via e-mail a chore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the need to make email subjects user friendly.  I was happy in the old system with digests as a way to determine what I had reviewed, and I think I cou ld be happy with email.  However, the subject line prevents grouping the posts by thread.

The 2 or 3 attempts I have made to post via email reply have bounced with a 553 error from a jive server.  It makes me wonder if there is more wrong with their email interface.

During the pre and trial phase, I looked at Jive a bit; I wonder if they are so focused on the facilitating community interaction (i.e. a corporate communication environment) that they do not understand the real life problems of more disconnected users trying to interface via the email options?  Or is there new code to the Adobe options that needs troubleshooting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, in general, Jive is probably finding that Adobe users are willing and able to help them tighten up their stuff in ways that their non-technical customers never see as a problem. So it will be a win-win all around... eventually. But, ya, I have to agree that the browser based issues are going to get a higher priority in general then email ones. And I'll pout about that... I'd like the email stuff to get resolved... now would be good, soon would be acceptable.  But patience is going to have to be the order of the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the pre and trial phase, I looked at Jive a bit; I wonder if they are so focused on the facilitating community interaction (i.e. a corporate communication environment) that they do not understand the real life problems of more disconnected users trying to interface via the email options?

I had the same impression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

I think, in general, Jive is probably finding that Adobe users are willing and able to help them tighten up their stuff in ways that their non-technical customers never see as a problem. So it will be a win-win all around... eventually. But, ya, I have to agree that the browser based issues are going to get a higher priority in general then email ones. And I'll pout about that... I'd like the email stuff to get resolved... now would be good, soon would be acceptable.  But patience is going to have to be the order of the day.

As much as I hope you are correct I'm afraid the die has been cast.  There have been too many stupid mistakes and oversights made by the Jive Wizards regarding their code and, it would seem, too little thought by the Adobe Powers That Be regarding forum requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been too many stupid mistakes and oversights made by the Jive Wizards regarding their code and, it would seem, too little thought by the Adobe Powers That Be regarding forum requirements.

That pretty well sums it up.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agre ... The way the email notification works (or dont work) shud be change

The subject line are way to long, contains information i dont need, is setup unuserfrendly for users, and email clients cant threading the post

(as i also points out in Remove "New message" from email notification subject tread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for responding in the wrong thread, but I am finding that I simply cannot take the time to process the current structure of the forums.

After deleting the almost 400 Premiere and  Encore emails from about 2 days (almost all unread), I found today that the structure of the emails changed so that the content of the message is first (shows up nicely in Outlook reading pane), the link to the item is still convenient, and much of the unnecessary stuff is gone.  A step in the right direction.

I'm sure the subject line is a bigger problem to fix, since it is being used to track, but I have still not found a way to avoid lots of separate groups.  I just found (should have thought of it before), that if I don't group them at all, just list the messages and then sort by subject, I get a passable list.  However, the unique code per item is not always in the correct (time) order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines