• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About the Adobe Forums (and our moderation policy)

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello --

The Adobe Forums have undergone a series of changes both out front and behind the scenes. In addition to the new forum software (which remains a work in progress), Adobe is working to make the forums a more inviting and respectful community. Going forward, forum moderation will reflect the philosophy outlined below.

Purpose of Adobe Forums

The Adobe Forums are a place for Adobe software users to congregate, ask questions, and share experiences of using Adobe products with their peers. Message posts that threaten, abuse, or start verbal fights will not be tolerated in any of the forums. Any post that insults another community member, moderator, or administrator will be removed with no warning. Users who continue such behavior will be warned and will have their forum posting rights removed.

Purposes of Specific Forum Areas

The product forums are for discussions of the various Adobe software programs.    The Forum Comments Forum is for reporting new issues with the Forums or for asking general information about how to use the forums in a civilized manner. Critical comments about the forum are welcome if presented in a constructive manner. A list of forum issues is posted at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433723?tstart=0. If a known issue is already listed there, redundant new messages about that same issue will be deleted.

Changes to the Photoshop Lounge

The Photoshop Lounge has been established as an area for off-topic social messaging. As such, the Lounge forum has been renamed to The Lounge (dropping the Photoshop moniker) and has been moved from the Photoshop Forum to the General Forum. The Lounge Forum is not a place for religious, political, or inappropriate discussions, which will be deleted.

We thank those who continue to respect the forums and other users in this community and hope that these changes will make your experiences more enjoyable.

- Mark Nichoson

Adobe Community Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MonteCristo662 now. Or are we just supposed to use the report abuse button?

I find all this thoroughly depressing. Stop doing this, don't do that, don't talk about the other, behave or we'll delete your posts without warning, strictly enforced, blah blah - just be vibrant! People just can't be manipulated that way and I dislike the attempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don't have the warm fuzzy kitten feeling about Adobe anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's still a lounge here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/video_lounge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps one of the enterprising Gentlemen or ladies her could setup a NNTP server (that allowed attachments) For Photoshop and Acrobat. I'd be willing to sign up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote on 11/3/2009 1:01 PM:

and I do agree with PJ that knowing how many times and how many people are affected by a specific issue should be helpful in attempting to both prioritize and troubleshoot the issues.

So lets presume for a second that Adobe knows which priorities the forum

users have. Then what?

And as for troubleshooting, how many people have problems is totally

irrelevant for that. What matters is the attitude of the people with the

problems. Are they people who will follow up on issues and provide the

necessary debugging information, or not. The last thing we need is more

threads like this one http://forums.adobe.com/thread/474494 where

somebody reports a problem, and then disappears without explanation when

asked to provide the actual supposedly duplicate emails. What we do need

is people like in http://forums.adobe.com/message/2165768#2165768 where

somebody reports a problem, delivers all the required information and as

a result the issue is identified a few hours later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not our job to troubleshoot adobe's problems. you should be thanking people who report the issue. you should double thank them when they report AND provide more data, but simply reporting the problem has occured is in itelf an important peice of troubleshooting data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Microsoft is better than that!

I have completely lost faith in the people responsible for this fiasco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

The last thing we need is more threads like this one http://forums.adobe.com/thread/474494

No the last thing we need are knee jerk mods like you.

What we need are the old hosts back that had decent social skills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

users have. Then what?

Then nothing if no-one gives a crap.

I think I prefer Jochem to Mark - at least he doesn't pretend to give a toss about the kind of atmosphere that prevails in the forums. His social awareness may have been surgically removed but at least he's honest about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

users have. Then what?

Then nothing if no-one gives a crap.

I think I prefer Jochem to Mark - at least he doesn't pretend to give a toss about the kind of atmosphere that prevails in the forums. His social awareness may have been surgically removed but at least he's honest about it.

"Prevails" is not an accurate term.  As discussed several times, there are many product forums that despite this buggy jive sw are friendly, helpful, and community minded.  It is sad that is not true here.  But it is very misleading to say the attitude displayed in this forum "prevails " everywhere.

You are certainly not helping your case by insulting the few adobe employess who do post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been some decent employees on this forum. But its just like this ne fellow of recent. who said in the General (which means no-holds-barred) forum (that is any topic not just adobe related. That items such as Politics will be deleted. I thought a a General forum is one where ther was little if any moderation other than abusing other people on the forum. Or treats of Bodily harm, or Push illegal substances, or illegal activities. was supposed to be allowed. On almost any general purpose forum there is always talk of Politics. My Personal Preference is I'd just as soon not seeing any politics. because it get to the point of religion. each person has his or her opinions. and nothing can be done, even with threats, to change the other opinons. You can lose a lot of friends and acquaintances by talking Politics and religion. But I am not going to say, nor should I or anyone say it shouldn't be talked about.

And further more some of the employees (not all) have this Grandios opinion that they know everything there is to know. They are unwilling to to receive and take to heart opinions, because its from the unwashed masses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

greenjumpyone wrote on 11/3/2009 1:01 PM:

and I do agree with PJ that knowing how many times and how many people are affected by a specific issue should be helpful in attempting to both prioritize and troubleshoot the issues.

users have. Then what?

Are you serious?  IF the users have stated things they think are priorities, I would think Adobe going about implementing them would be a good start.  IF they cannot implement them, COMMUNICATING that to the users is another positive step.  The one thing that we have been asking for this whole time is information.  Can this be done?, when will that be done?, etc.

I don't think it's a big assumption to know a few of the things the forum users find important either - we  have stated them many times.

As far as troubleshooting, for the record I have helped with that, and I know that others have too.  I fully agree with Dave, the fact that we, the users, have taken time to let Adobe know of the issues is really all that should be required.  Now, that's not to say we can't help, but it is not and should not be something we *have* to do, that's Adobe's job and that of the forum software company.  I don't mind providing feedback in terms of, we made a change, how has it affected you.  I have even provided system specs and browser specs, but I am not going to spend untold hours troubleshooting a forum that is willing to treat us the way we have been treated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

Are you serious?  IF the users have stated things they think are priorities, I would think Adobe going about implementing them would be a good start.  IF they cannot implement them, COMMUNICATING that to the users is another positive step.  The one thing that we have been asking for this whole time is information.  Can this be done?, when will that be done?, etc.

I agree.  Adobe could do a much better job communicating what is going on, what plans to be fixed (or not fixed) what the priorities are etc...   Ive learned that no news does not mean things are not being worked on, but it would be very helpful for adobe to improve the commiunication of what is in the works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a little confused about the link that was posted by the Mark at the top:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433723?tstart=0

The date at the top of that post says Nov 2, 2009...but at the bottom it says Jochem edited the post 2009-10-14

I know the dates on here get screwed up sometimes...but why would Mark post that link if it were not being kept up to date?

And if some of those problems cannot or have not been fixed with the 2.5.7 Jive version, then how many of them have been fixed in the newer version?

And yes there are problems and many sides to this forum, and it appears that we are stuck with this for the time being. I get tired of seeing someone "new" stepping in here with something and everyone jumping all over that person. Mark really hasn't said anything wrong. And just because he has Adobe Employee marked under his name doesn't mean that he has the authority to make any changes on the forum side of things...then again...for all we know he could be stepping in here trying to straighten things out. It's hard to say, but let's not jump the gun and take offense to him right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote on 11/3/2009 9:46 PM:

jochemd wrote :

>> So lets presume for a second that Adobe knows which priorities the forum

>> users have. Then what?

Are you serious? IF the users have stated things they think are priorities, I would think Adobe going about implementing them would be a good start.

And how would Adobe go about doing that? Adobe has outsourced these

forums for a reason: it is not one of their core products so they don't

want to deal with the technology side of things. So what Adobe can do is

forward the issues to Jive. So how would Jive prioritize issues from

Adobe? Despite all the posts speaking about Adobe pressuring Jive, the

reality is that Adobe is not an important customer to Jive. Jive has

about a hundred Fortune 500 clients. Adobe isn't even in the Fortune

500. So anything Adobe sends to Jive is going to go onto the big pile

and anything Adobe asks is going to get the standard answer "why don't

you upgrade to the latest version first?".

So where should the Adobe people who work with these forums allocate

their limited time: in cataloging the priorities users have when they

can't get those features implemented by Jive anyway, or in getting the

internal groups to sign off on the next update that Jive has ready and

we already know will fix many bugs?

The reality of the Adobe - Jive relationship is that for the Adobe

people working with the forums any time spend on cataloging and

prioritizing is wasted time. Cataloging what color your children want

for your new car is not going to help you if your problem is convincing

your bank to provide the financial resources or your dealer to replace

some faulty parts.

As far as troubleshooting, for the record I have helped with that, and I know that others have too. I fully agree with Dave, the fact that we, the users, have taken time to let Adobe know of the issues is really all that should be required.

As far as I'm concerned noting is required. I just object against

calling repeating the same issue over and over again without any

substantial information "helpful in attempting to (..) troubleshoot". It

is not helpful, the only thing it does is drown out the signal with noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Are you serious?  IF the users have stated things they think are priorities, I would think Adobe going about implementing them would be a good start.

And how would Adobe go about doing that? Adobe has outsourced these

forums for a reason: it is not one of their core products so they don't

want to deal with the technology side of things.

If I paid good money to have a forum and I fully explained what we wanted/needed and did NOT get what I paid for, I would be raising a lot of noise.

It does not matter if Adobe is or is not a Fortune 500 company, they bought a product and it's not working properly/as expected.  End of story.  Adobe has lawyers, let them deal with the legal issues regarding the loss of revenue/reputation etc that using the Jive software has caused them.  THAT is what Adobe can do.

The other thing they can and should is COMMUNICATE the issues and fixes etc with the users who care enough to even be concerned about the forum/reputation/software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john joslin can't log in and didn't get an email. he'd like someone to tell him what he did... he can be reached at

[personal email address removed ]

i note buko and kath are also banned? man so between the three of them they have collectivly over a quarter centruy of free support and evangilism and thousands and thousands of dollars in purchases to adobe.

that's gratitude for you i guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can you tell  who is banned and who is not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John was sent an email, but it bounced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines