• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Absolute WORST customer support - lied to and ignored

New Here ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never received worse customer support from a company.

About a month ago I downloaded the trial for Adobe Media Server 5 as we had been running FCS 1.5 for a long time and decided it was time to update.

The trial worked well for my custom application, and I was contacted by an Adobe Sales Rep during the trial period.

I chatted with her on the phone and she assured me that the ONLY difference between AMS 5 Standard and AMS 5 Professional (besided an additional $1000 price tag) was that AMS 5 Professional had IP multicasting, which is functionality we did not need (this was misinformation #1). She assured me there would be educational pricing (as I work at a University).

I received a link to the regular store, and when I inquired about it I was told there was no education pricing for AMS 5 (misinformation #2).

So based on the advice of the representative, we purchased the standard edition - purchasing here takes multiple signatures and a few weeks of time. When we finally got AMS 5 standard, I installed it and.. lo and behold my application did not work - but it worked when I removed the serial # from the server. After a ridiculous amount of digging and reading the logs, I found that AMS standard does not support custom applications. I had been misinformed by the sales representative.

I then contacted support - that took about 1.5 hours for them to get back to me, and then when I picked up the phone (using the callback service) it took another 10 minutes for someone to pick up! I had to give my information 3 separate times to 3 separate staff before I was transferred to the proper department. I spoke to someone on the AMS sales team and told them I had been misinformed by a representative about my purchase, and now I will not be able to make my deadline so I was hoping there was some way this could be fixed. They asked for the name of the representative and mentioned they would speak to them and and get back to me.

The original sales representative got back to me and I spoke with her and she insisted that I was incorrect and that she specifically mentioned custom apps. I said that was not the case and if possible, could we review the phone call recording for accuracy? She said that would take some time. I said considering this was Adobe's mistake, would it be possible to upgrade my version? She said they do not do that anymore and that the best they could do was a refund. I explained that my deadline was looming and that I would not be able to purchase a new verison in time. She said there was nothing she could do, so I asked to speak to the manager. The manager e-mailed my asking for my phone number, and then never called me. So 2 hours later I sent the following e-mail:

Hi [Manager],

I am still anticipating your call today before 4:00 pm PST. I had asked that my original phone conversation recording be reviewed for accuracy. The resolution of this issue is time sensitive so please call as soon as possible.

Cheers,

[Me]

and I received this in response.

Hi [Me],

My calendar is tied up today. I will call you first thing tomorrow morning.

Also wanted to let you know that we do not record calls.

Thanks,

[Manager]

Okay, a call centre that doesn't record calls - really? That's 3 pieces of conflicting information now. Then (admittedly) I got a bit angry:

I keep getting different information from each person and it has wasted a significant amount of my time. On the phone I was told we could review the recording of the call, now I am told that you don't record the calls. I was told there was educational pricing, then I find there is not educational pricing. I was told that the only difference between the versions was IP multicasting which led me to purchase the standard version, then I had to find out on my own that that was not the case. I would like Adobe to take responsibility for their mistakes and misinformation. I would like an upgrade to the professional version. If you are not authorized to do that, please put me in contact with someone who can.

And guess what? Nothing. So I sent another e-mail.

Hi [Manager],

Is there any reason why I have not gotten a phone call or e-mail response?

Thanks,

[Me]

I got this back:

I just called and left you a VM.

Will try to connect with you later today.

Thanks,

[Manager]

And I haven't heard from them since. The deadline was today, now I have no server, no running application, and am totally hooped. We have PO in for the pro version, but that won't be processed for probably another week. I have mailed the manager back and the sales rep letting them know I'll be following up on the issue, but I doubt I will get any repsonse from them either and I have no clue where to even direct my inquiry...

So, thanks Adobe, for providing the wrong purchasing advice, blaming it on me, giving me the runaround and ignoring me. I guess companies no longer really care about their customers, just the bottom line.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Adobe staff will get in contact with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's now end-of-day on the 10th.

After sending e-mails to the 2 parties above telling them I would be following up, I got a follow up late last Friday with someone who claimed to be getting a temporary serial key, only then to tell me afterwards that it was not possible.

Monday, my support ticket was closed with no explanation. I reopened it.

I have had someone PM me on the forums yesterday, telling me a senior agent would contact me. They haven't.

So, the nightmare continues I suppose. I'll keep updating this until it gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone contacted you about this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines