Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Account Disconnected from Past History by Forum - Please Fix

LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just spent 2 hours with Adobe Customer Support on the phone.  They finally directed me here with the promise that Forum Engineering would correct the problem within 24 hours.

Case # 205474470

Up to yesterday I was happily logging-in to these forums using my Adobe ID (eMail address and password).

Some time last night my forum account was apparently separated into two parts, "Noel Carboni" and "Noel Carboni-9gVdWg".

Today, when I log in using the exact same credentials, the forum software reports I have created a "new" account today.  With this "new" account I am posting this message.  My profile customizations and all history are disconnected from this "new" account.

All my prior history can be seen here:

http://forums.adobe.com/people/Noel%20Carboni-9gVdWg

I want to continue using the account I have been contributing with for 4 years.  Please correct this problem.

Customer support assured me that someone from Forum Engineering would read this post, reconcile my "two" accounts.  I want to continue to accumulate history in the same forum account as I have been using for years.

It seems a bit nonsensical to spend hours on the phone with telephone support with an account issue, just to have them direct me to create a post on a public forum, but hey, whatever works.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

FAQ: Why has my account spawned a similar identity?

Following your link, I read this as an answer to the question in the title of the FAQ:

The reason for this problem is currently unknown.

Should I take your answer to Noel to mean that the cause of the problem is still unknown seven months after the posting of that FAQ? If so, are steps being taken either by Adobe staff of by Jive to find the reason for the problem, and then solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try signing out and back in. We've updated your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!    That seems to have fixed it.

It seems rather strange that telephone support redirects people here for this particular kind of account support.

Thanks again.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phone people don't have any access to the forums administration, the forum folks are the only ones who can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... the forum folks are the only ones who can fix it.

Some say that this statement applies to more than just forums administration issues, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines