Exit

Account screw-up

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day

Can someone pls look into why:

a) my account name seems to have changed to "Adam Cameron.-SXdoEh" (the "-SXdoEh" is not my doing... it just appeared a coupla days ago);

b) when I login in using the same credentials I have always used, I login to the account I am currently posting from, just "Adam Cameron."

As I mentioned, the change to (a) occurred a few days ago... I noticed the day before yesterday (UK time) I think.  I can't remember.  I didn't investigate, I just assumed it was the forums software being sub-par (which is the usual reason for weirdness around here).

I did not notice I was suddenly posting from a different account until this morning.

If I logout/login (well: there's no logout function I can see on the screen, but if I use a different browser from usual...), I go into the (b) account.

Can we pls kill the account I am currently posting from, and can someone tell me what the login ID for the other one has become (I know the password...).

Cheers.

--

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log out and log back in with your regular username and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, cheers.

What was the problem?  I mean, obviously I had tried logout/login, and that wasn't helping...

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam Cameron. wrote on 11/03/18 13:31:

What was the problem? I mean, obviously I had tried logout/login, and that wasn't helping...

The connection between your Adobe ID and the user profile /history in

the Jive database is made when you log in. They got out of sync

(presumably due to a cache sync issue) and I fixed that. So when you

logged in again it found the right profile and now your 3 day old

profile with 10 posts is the orphaned one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate: makes sense.

So do I actually have two profiles (at either Adobe or in Jive), ie: for them to get cross-linked?

Can you delete the orphaned one?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam Cameron. wrote on 11/03/18 14:38:

Can you delete the orphaned one?

Jive doesn't really support that:

https://community.jivesoftware.com/message/606408#606408

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things:

1) why does this not surprise me?

2) you mean there are people who actually admit to be responsible for these forums' software?  Have they no shame?

Anyway.  Case-closed, I reckon.

--

Adam

Message was edited by: Adam Cameron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam Cameron. wrote:

Two things:

1) why does this not surprise me?

2) you mean there are people who actually admit to be responsible for these forums' software?  Have they no shame?

In business one shouldn't have to be ashamed of ones products even if they are completely not fit for purpose!  Jive had been pretty good up to now but recently there was a serious spam attack (and perhaps DoS - Denial of Service) and this means people's information was compromised.  Adobe won't accept this but people had problems with their credentials when they tried to login.  You are an example of one out of many.

I am glad everything seems to work normally today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWILCOX01 wrote:

... Jive had been pretty good up to now...

Had it? You mean, in managing these forums?  Well, all the people who have been complaining about Jive these two years will be glad to know that...

but recently there was a serious spam attack (and perhaps DoS - Denial of Service) and this means people's information was compromised.  Adobe won't accept this but people had problems with their credentials when they tried to login.  You are an example of one out of many...

Again, all the people who have reported the same problem before the spam attack will be glad to know that the problem did not exist then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DWILCOX01 wrote:

Jive had been pretty good up to now but recently there was a serious spam attack (and perhaps DoS - Denial of Service) and this means people's information was compromised.

As I have asked you before, please be specific when claiming certain security issues exist. What information do you believe to have been compromised exactly? Because while I am unhappy about some of the choices Adobe made in the authentication system I do not believe there are any current security vulnerabilities in relation to the spam attack and with your repeated claims without any substantiation you are quickly loosing your credibility.

If you believe the security issues are of such importance they should not be publicly disclosed please just say so and disclose them privately to the security people at the Adobe Product Security Incident Response Team at psirt@adobe.com or +1-415-717-8544.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines