• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating Custom Avatar

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at my profile, I clicked on "Change Avatar" and uploaded my own photo.  Now I can see it on the selection menu (after all the cartoon characters) but I can't select it.  Above it it says "Pending."  Pending what?  How can I make it active?  It is the same picture but smaller (lower resolution) than my main profile picture.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

pending review by a moderator. it usually takes from a couple hours to a day. it's a manual (human intervention) process... be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pending review by a moderator. it usually takes from a couple hours to a day. it's a manual (human intervention) process... be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know why they don't review the profile pics as well as the avatars. i've already seen at least one example of a profile pic that's not safe for viewing at work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anything, review those instead - if only because they show up much bigger, which might be awkward if you have supervisor-types looking over your shoulder. A teensy little avatar won't raise eyebrows so much, whatever it looks like. What's the worry, people are likely to use photos of their usually-hidden body parts or something? I really don't think so. Although we get some odd characters around here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported one early this week in the spam thread dorothy. last i checked it was still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

I reported one early this week in the spam thread dorothy. last i checked it was still there.

Cross posted. Ya, we had John look at it and he said let it go. (For those that haven't seen it, it's a relatively nice photo of a woman in a wet tee-shirt... with an Adobe logo on it.) John is probably more easy-going then HR or the execs... they might feel it's inappropriate. John sees it more artistically then they would tho. I tend to agree with John. And it is a case of different strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

Cross posted. Ya, we had John look at it and he said let it go. (For those that haven't seen it, it's a relatively nice photo of a woman in a wet tee-shirt... with an Adobe logo on it.) John is probably more easy-going then HR or the execs... they might feel it's inappropriate. John sees it more artistically then they would tho. I tend to agree with John. And it is a case of different strokes.

fair enough...

profile-image-display.jspa.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where you work, but i'd get fired for having that in my cube. i'd get in big trouble if the wrong person walked by and i was looking at someone's profile with that image in it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh lookie dave, your posts aren't incrementing properly either! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a test post.  I think I might have figured it out ... if you make multiple posts in a row, the post count doesn't increase.  If someone posts after you, the count is then incremented.

goofy system. 

Bob, step away from the monitor ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how, Dave? That is one of the things we could in the fair forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now come on, Dave.  No matter how long I look at the image I still find it disgusting.  Really.  And I've studied it quite a bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean about the photo  – was originally reading the forums at work and had to scroll past fairly quickly.

Nice though the image is it doesn’t compensate for losing the old forum software .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with both Dave and Kath... and have added a request for a report abuse link for profile pictures as well. The users are quick enough on the button that I don't imagine they would let something they consider inappropriate live very long whether as an avatar or the profile pic (should have asked John if Adobe would allow him to print out and hang the one in his office there that I think Dave is talking about... bet the answer would be no).

Also know that it does not display on it's own after it's approved either, you need to go back and select it before it will show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if there was some explanation as to pending what? Like a footnote that says "pending moderator approval."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a footnote that says "pending moderator approval."

agreed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can tell, my avatar's "pending" status was removed, and I could activate it.

But I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't returned to the "change avatar" screen to check.

Some kind of e-mail notification that it had been approved, or better yet, automatically activating it, would have been preferred.

-Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With as nice a looking mug as you have I can't see why they had to run it through the virus detector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can tell, my avatar's "pending" status was removed, and I could activate it.

woo hoo! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in the general area of the vanity of adding one's mugshot as an avatar, is there a known problem with uploading a picture to a profile? I've tried on and off for the past couple of days (JPG, 200 x 280) and I just get put on hold with "waiting for forums.adobe.com" and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken Grace wrote:

So in the general area of the vanity of adding one's mugshot as an avatar, is there a known problem with uploading a picture to a profile? I've tried on and off for the past couple of days (JPG, 200 x 280) and I just get put on hold with "waiting for forums.adobe.com" and nothing happens.

Adobe won't let you post an avaitar unless it fits the exact criteria. I went through the same situation myself. Finally I had to take a jpg file of myself and use: GraphicConverter to size it exactly to 280x280.

Then and only then would it allow it to be uploaded.  Then It has to be checked by Adobe for all types of nasties (virus, worms, trogans,malware). Once it is schecked usually with 2-3 days your allowed to choose it.

Funny thing is, If you upload a full size picture of the same image to you profile they don't do the same checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I'm having trouble replying by email. This is the fourth post today that's gone blank. I raised a topic here and got your reply by email, responded to that and it arrived OK. But as you can see, it ain't all perfect yet.

What that message said was

It's not the avatar I'm having a problem with. Did that as I expect you can see.

What I can't upload is a profile picture.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a supported format and meeting the size restrictions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a JPG, 200 x 280.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines